Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY2019 D5 finally arrived

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts
Default MY2019 D5 finally arrived

Picked out HSE lux up yesterday. Ordered August 21st, and was supposed to arrive Nov 15 or 19, but came early.

Still have a lot to learn and figure out. Only had time to set the ambient light, program garage and gate openers.

Will need to see about Carplay as mine may not have the smart phone package, different discussion though.

Last edited by andries; 10-29-2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Old 10-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

what color is the interior?

Old 10-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
what color is the interior?
Not sure if they changed them any since 2018 but it looks just like my Tan/Ebony interior.
I may be biased but I think it is the nicest option, one of the only ones that the steering wheel is all black. Most of the light color interiors have a light colored center piece in the steering wheel which bothers me for some reason.

What color is the exterior? In the first pic it looks green but in the others more silver.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:03 PM
Rock Crawling

The color options are definitely what help sell my wife on the D5, especially the interior. The vintage tan/ebony interior reminded her a lot of the saddle leather. Exterior is Silicon Silver, we liked it due to how it changes color pending the light conditions, from silver to green with a slight blue tint at times.

I opted for the 5011 style wheels, since I didn't like the 20 spoke style that comes standard with the HSE lux. The full size spare matches the wheels and tires on the D5. Pity they couldn't inflate the tires properly at the dealership, had to do it today.

Certainly glad we got the tow hitch, was surprised to see it has 4 and 7 pin electrical connections. Really looks worth it, especially given how much it costs and all the changes needed to fit it after the fact.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Vintage Tan then? I dig it

Old 10-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

That looks great! Congratulations. It's my favorite color interior too. On my 2017 HSE it was only available with the upgraded interior leather option (Windsor Leather I think it was called.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
That looks great! Congratulations. It's my favorite color interior too. On my 2017 HSE it was only available with the upgraded interior leather option (Windsor Leather I think it was called.
Thx, yeah it required the upgraded seats, but do love the color.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Love it. So jealous . . . I love the tan but the wife said it looked like a basketball.

So, we're getting the Glacier which is fine. It is her primary driver.

My Aug 29 order is now showing build Nov 30, delivery 2/28/19 though.

I had to escalate today . . .

Bait and switch, they told me before I ordered that, Aug order, it would be here by Xmas so I could bow it up for the wife.

Not literally like a Lexus. Just figuratively.

But, that would be 4 months. My Pepper only took 3. It's now looking like 6 . . .

BTW, I like those HSE wheels better too but did not want to pay extra for them after paying extra for the LUX.

Last edited by canon_mutant; 10-29-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
Love it. So jealous . . . I love the tan but the wife said it looked like a basketball.

So, we're getting the Glacier which is fine. It is her primary driver.

My Aug 29 order is now showing build Nov 30, delivery 2/28/19 though.

I had to escalate today . . .

Bait and switch, they told me before I ordered that, Aug order, it would be here by Xmas so I could bow it up for the wife.

Not literally like a Lexus. Just figuratively.

But, that would be 4 months. My Pepper only took 3. It's now looking like 6 . . .

BTW, I like those HSE wheels better too but did not want to pay extra for them after paying extra for the LUX.
Sorry about your delays, so far it seems to come in sooner that the delivery dates listed for most. IOnce you actually have a real build and delivery date.

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed about having to pay $500 extra to get the HSE wheels, but didn't like the Lux spoke wheels. It is crazy since someone who gets the HSE will have to pay extra to get the Lux spoke wheels. At least the full size spare matches the wheels on the D5. I would have been annoyed if the spare was the Lux spoke wheels.

After not having an SUV for over a year we do like the higher seating position, especially on the LR since you have great visibility out of the seats (even the rear seats are more open and airy (especially with the rear moonroof open).

Quick Reply: MY2019 D5 finally arrived