Sponsored by:

New 2022 LR Discovery, and Mobile Data Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 08:52 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New 2022 LR Discovery, and Mobile Data Issues

Good Morning Everyone,

I recently (3 weeks ago today!) took delivery of a 2022 LR Discovery V (P300). Special ordered in March and delivered in mid-June. Everything was working great () for a few weeks and then suddenly lost mobile data connection yesterday afternoon. The LR Remote app was working and now wont update the car's status (no remote start, etc, etc). Called the dealership and initially could be caused by the recent software update but not sure. Tech guy is on vacation and won't be back until next week.

Hopefully an easy fix since it WAS working.....

Pictures below

First wash

Enjoying a local horseshow

Old 07-11-2021, 07:48 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try using the old application on your phone. I am looking now, the new ap won't turn on and the old one is working fine.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:58 PM
Mudding

thanks for your suggestion. everything is working now...i started the car on friday afternoon and mobile connectivity was connected. no issues! go figure !?!?

Old 07-13-2021, 01:13 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

heh, I take it you had no problem getting the D5 registered with InControl? My new '22 won't at all, even through the mobile data works fine.

I talked to JLR support about it and they think it's a problem with the TMU. The dealer isn't so sure since they tested it before delivering it to me and it showed no errors. I'm going to have to give it back to the dealer so they can hash it out with JLR and find out where the problem really lies.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:27 PM
Mudding

I did not have an issue registering with InControl BUT that may be because I already had an InControl account from my 2020 Discovery Sport. I used the same account and my dealer just added the 2022 Discovery VIN.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:33 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Matthew424
I did not have an issue registering with InControl BUT that may be because I already had an InControl account from my 2020 Discovery Sport. I used the same account and my dealer just added the 2022 Discovery VIN.
hmm, do you know how your dealer added it? Was it via TOPIx?

My problem is when following the procedure to "register" the car via the hidden wrench control near the sunroof buttons, it never does. Dealer tried multiple times (while on diagnostics) and I tried a few at home. Nada. JLR said there is likely something wrong with the TMU.

I already had an account from my MY17 D5. I logged into the account in the MY22 D5 in the car and can see it on my InControl page. But if you notice, where it says "Reg no." below, it says "TEMP". I'm assuming on yours it has the VIN?

Old 07-13-2021, 02:47 PM
Mudding

I am not sure if the dealer used TOPIx to add the 2022 Discovery BUT I remember that the sales rep had to go to the SUV to 'press a button' to complete the syncing. She disappeared for a few minutes and it was all synched. My registration is still TEMP since I have not received the permanent plates, yet..... However in the InControl app, I can change the registration via the Vehicle Settings tab.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Matthew424
I am not sure if the dealer used TOPIx to add the 2022 Discovery BUT I remember that the sales rep had to go to the SUV to 'press a button' to complete the syncing. She disappeared for a few minutes and it was all synched. My registration is still TEMP since I have not received the permanent plates, yet..... However in the InControl app, I can change the registration via the Vehicle Settings tab.
Ah, OK. That's the step that won't work for me with the "wrench" button in the car for the sync.

Really, the only thing that I'm missing is the remote app won't work since there are no registered vehicles on the account. Even though there sort of is when I log in. It's like there is a VIN registration that's missing somewhere.

thanks!

Old 08-09-2021, 05:51 PM
Mudding
Talking

Just wanted to reply to this thread and say i took a chance with trying activation again after the latest OTA update. To my surprise, it worked!

Can't say for sure whether it was the car's software update (2.1e???) or JLR (finally) did something on the back end. In any case, now the InControl service recognizes the car and the remote InControl software is functioning. Yippie skippy.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:48 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by eelpout
Just wanted to reply to this thread and say i took a chance with trying activation again after the latest OTA update. To my surprise, it worked!

Can't say for sure whether it was the car's software update (2.1e???) or JLR (finally) did something on the back end. In any case, now the InControl service recognizes the car and the remote InControl software is functioning. Yippie skippy.

Congrats!!! Success. Hope everything else is working well with the LR!

Quick Reply: New 2022 LR Discovery, and Mobile Data Issues