Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new side vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 07:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
I'm very happy with the result! Thanks for the heads up DiscoNight5!
you're welcome and awesome! The ghost color scheme looks great with the Fiji White paint.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks!

I fitted the LED replacement puddle lights this morning, that was even easier (thanks again for the photos) and they do make a world of difference.
I can't understand why LR didn't fit a similar design as standard, although I do notice the rear ones reflect strongly off the aluminum sill plate which you can see inside the vehicle if you're looking through the rear side windows of the opposite side. Maybe a bit strong due to that. Of course, that's because there must be a massive and unnecessary gap between the bottom of the door card and the sill in the rear (but not in the front). Because of that the lighting inside the car isn't as "intimate" (read: dim, lol) or classy as the bulbs they presumably use in the rest of the interior.

Very pleased with both the upgrades, and I did manage to touch the red hot bulbs when doing the rear ones because the wire is so short and I was trying to pull on the connector not the wire but at least it was easily do-able even though it looked worryingly short in your pics (and in real life).
Ironically the front wire length is more than generous, lol!

Old 07-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
Thanks!

I fitted the LED replacement puddle lights this morning, that was even easier (thanks again for the photos) and they do make a world of difference.
I can't understand why LR didn't fit a similar design as standard, although I do notice the rear ones reflect strongly off the aluminum sill plate which you can see inside the vehicle if you're looking through the rear side windows of the opposite side. Maybe a bit strong due to that. Of course, that's because there must be a massive and unnecessary gap between the bottom of the door card and the sill in the rear (but not in the front). Because of that the lighting inside the car isn't as "intimate" (read: dim, lol) or classy as the bulbs they presumably use in the rest of the interior.

Very pleased with both the upgrades, and I did manage to touch the red hot bulbs when doing the rear ones because the wire is so short and I was trying to pull on the connector not the wire but at least it was easily do-able even though it looked worryingly short in your pics (and in real life).
Ironically the front wire length is more than generous, lol!
Try as I might I can’t see PerformanceUK online for the mono side vents. Maybe it just doesn’t work on an iPhone. Can you send me a link? I’m in the US.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2020, 11:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

hey Ronbo44. I'm not sure about forum rules for posting links yet, not sure if it's cool or not, but go to powerfuluk.com, choose the 'All New Discovery' and look in the Grilles and Side Vents menu.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:04 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

For some reason the Discovery 5 or “all new Diacovery” is in the Evoque and Sport vehicle category...

Last edited by LoneStarLR; 07-14-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:20 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@DiscoNight5 thanks so much for posting with all of the pics. I've been pondering changing our black side vents to the silver . Haven't had luck finding anything online that shows installation, and dead afraid of ruining our new Disco!

Also now pondering the puddle light update as well...great find.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:41 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Side vents

Replacing side vents literally a 5 minute job. Open the door, grab end of vent and gradually pull, the clips will release one by one.
I replaced my silver badge with a red Union Flag. You can get a mono flag but I prefer a little color an a black car.

LED puddle lights a good improvement.

Originally Posted by trixie2000
@DiscoNight5 thanks so much for posting with all of the pics. I've been pondering changing our black side vents to the silver . Haven't had luck finding anything online that shows installation, and dead afraid of ruining our new Disco!

Also now pondering the puddle light update as well...great find.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:47 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronbo44
Replacing side vents literally a 5 minute job. Open the door, grab end of vent and gradually pull, the clips will release one by one.
I replaced my silver badge with a red Union Flag. You can get a mono flag but I prefer a little color an a black car.

LED puddle lights a good improvement.
So good to know, thanks! I think the red flag looks awesome on the black. I've got an indus silver, and while it has the black trim package, the wheels are silver...I'm thinking the silver badge will tie it all together a bit better .