New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No parts in the world and no manufacturing timeline? Come on...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 03:44 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No parts in the world and no manufacturing timeline? Come on...

So my wife has a '22 Disco with R-Dynamic S package and ~5K miles. She gets hit in the front corner by a careless driver. Relatively minor damage but among other parts, front bumper cover is destroyed. None in country. None in world. No ETA on shipping. No ETA on manufacturing timeline because the manufacturer can't get the raw materials to make any. FML. Body shop is in regular contact with LR NA and LR Corp HQ. Anyone know of a '22 R-Dynamic Disco totaled from the rear?

Thanks!
Dave

Old 03-14-2022, 05:23 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RoundelM5
So my wife has a '22 Disco with R-Dynamic S package and ~5K miles. She gets hit in the front corner by a careless driver. Relatively minor damage but among other parts, front bumper cover is destroyed. None in country. None in world. No ETA on shipping. No ETA on manufacturing timeline because the manufacturer can't get the raw materials to make any. FML. Body shop is in regular contact with LR NA and LR Corp HQ. Anyone know of a '22 R-Dynamic Disco totaled from the rear?

Thanks!
Dave
Crazy and seems like a BS excuse by JRL in my opinion. Every company in the world playing the labor shortage or parts shortage card. I am in business myself, we import containers regularly and hire regularly. There isn't a shortage of either, just expensive shipping. They just use it as an excuse for not being on top of their ****.

We bough a 22 HSE and the dealer can't release it to us because the LED tail light is defective from factory. Can't imagine how long that will take to get fixed.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:57 PM
Overlanding

Yeah the kicker was no eta on manufacturing due to no raw materials...crazy

Old 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RoundelM5
Yeah the kicker was no eta on manufacturing due to no raw materials...crazy
Has gotta be something electronic that has to be replaced with the bumper, parking sensors ect.

It is a rare car in the USA so I guess this is what comes with it. But considering it is the same as a 23 model year its stunning the plant doesn't have the parts.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:24 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by ammonation
Has gotta be something electronic that has to be replaced with the bumper, parking sensors ect.

It is a rare car in the USA so I guess this is what comes with it. But considering it is the same as a 23 model year its stunning the plant doesn't have the parts.
I think they need those parts to make new cars, like mine for example

Old 03-15-2022, 06:24 AM
Overlanding

You'd think, but nope, replacement sensors/electronics are in hand...it's literally just the cover.

Old 03-15-2022, 12:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

This is the "new norm" at JLR. Kinda of what is happening around us ... is every one else's fault, but not mine (JLR).
Production for Defenders has been stopped. They claim is to catch up with the cheaper models of Defenders.
I had to wait for a transfer case for a MY'22 for 4 months. That on a brand new vehicle with 20 miles on the clock.
The current management at JLR is a mess, and that is extremely polite.
Honestly, I don't know how long will they hold like that. Increasing prices, lack of parts, no allocations to the dealers ... does not sound good. Yes, is a bold statement, but prove me wrong (JLR!).
I spoke with many dealerships regarding parts - ANY PARTS - and they are telling me horror stories. Body parts: 4-5 months wait time, engine parts - like an alternator, 5-6 months. A camera - 4 months.
They are either bad at management since Tata took over, or close to folding. Yes, you may call me crazy, but this is not normal operations. Other manufactures are struggling too, but not to this extent.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:31 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Mechano2020
This is the "new norm" at JLR. Kinda of what is happening around us ... is every one else's fault, but not mine (JLR).
Production for Defenders has been stopped. They claim is to catch up with the cheaper models of Defenders.
I had to wait for a transfer case for a MY'22 for 4 months. That on a brand new vehicle with 20 miles on the clock.
The current management at JLR is a mess, and that is extremely polite.
Honestly, I don't know how long will they hold like that. Increasing prices, lack of parts, no allocations to the dealers ... does not sound good. Yes, is a bold statement, but prove me wrong (JLR!).
I spoke with many dealerships regarding parts - ANY PARTS - and they are telling me horror stories. Body parts: 4-5 months wait time, engine parts - like an alternator, 5-6 months. A camera - 4 months.
They are either bad at management since Tata took over, or close to folding. Yes, you may call me crazy, but this is not normal operations. Other manufactures are struggling too, but not to this extent.
That's strange, because I was given earlier build date (2 monhts) than I expected originally. Same factory in Nitra, Slovakia that builds Discos and Defenders. Hope it's just some management BS related to US.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:51 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I sympathize with the OP however it's not just JLR. None of these manufacturers got this right and the scramble is painful to watch. However JLR as a boutique maker just doesn't have the depth actually I'll just call it, too many models. Stopping production arguably better than selling incomplete (!) cars. "Oh, you wanted four wheels?" indeed.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/13/2...-missing-chips

Originally Posted by ammonation
Crazy and seems like a BS excuse by JRL in my opinion. Every company in the world playing the labor shortage or parts shortage card. I am in business myself, we import containers regularly and hire regularly. There isn't a shortage of either, just expensive shipping. They just use it as an excuse for not being on top of their ****.

We bough a 22 HSE and the dealer can't release it to us because the LED tail light is defective from factory. Can't imagine how long that will take to get fixed.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkeldorf
"Oh, you wanted four wheels?" indeed.
This is where I spilled my coffee .... hilarious and sad at the same time.

But... this, is brilliant: " [FORD] it started giving customers the option to purchase the pickup without automatic start-stop, the feature that turns a vehicle’s engine off when it comes to a complete stop. Ford gave affected owners a $50 credit in return."
I would pay money to have this stupid feature removed....
JLR ! [ I know you listening ] bring this to the market and it will wash some of your "sins".... heck ! I will pay you double if you do it !

Quick Reply: No parts in the world and no manufacturing timeline? Come on...