Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement drivers wing mirror glass

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:28 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacement drivers wing mirror glass

Hello, New to the forum, hopefully there is someone more in the know that can help me....
I have had no luck sourcing a replacement mirror and what looks like a square piece of mirror/glass that sits behind the actual mirror. I can easily find the mirror, it's the back piece that I cannot find any info on to purchase on-line and fit at home.
I have been told it is only available as a main dealer part - but I have been quoted £300 ish.
The main wing mirror casing does not have to be replaced - I just need the glass and the surround.
Any ideas if I can purchase both on-line or if actually I have to go back to main dealer and get it fixed?

Thanks so much in advance for any help

Old 03-09-2021, 07:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Sorry to hear that

The mirror glass can be purchased separately. It's about $100 in the US. But could be more if you have mirror features like auto dimming etc. part 7 on attached diagram.

The surround is unfortunately part of the main mirror housing which is prob the 300 pound part. Part nr.1 at the link

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...RzJms9MQ%3D%3D

Could you get the glass replaced and is the surround still usable with some glue? Can't see from photo how damaged it is.