Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well. I’ve joined the club.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Well. I’ve joined the club.

was contacted by a dealer today that a vehicle I tried to buy last week was still there after the buyer fell through. Excellent deal from what I could find. 2017 Discovery HSE td6 with 6,000 miles and a CPO which adds another year on the warranty and 100,000 miles.

Im hoping I don’t come off as overly flashy. Not sure when it will be delivered with the hurricane about to hit but hopefully next week I’ll be updating you guys with how well it worked on the sand dunes

The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Also it has the head rest screens, I didn’t really care about that either way, but they turn off when not being used? Would hate to have screen burn.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats! Looks great.

Looking forward to updates.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the club - great color combination and can't beat the Td6

Old 09-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
Also it has the head rest screens, I didn’t really care about that either way, but they turn off when not being used? Would hate to have screen burn.
Welcome - great car! Yes - the screens come on when the car is started but they then go off unless being used

Make sure you get the remote control and the 2x whitefire wireless headphones. They are expensive to replace if they forget to give them to you (no plug in headphones)

Old 09-11-2018, 11:57 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BritCars
Welcome - great car! Yes - the screens come on when the car is started but they then go off unless being used

Make sure you get the remote control and the 2x whitefire wireless headphones. They are expensive to replace if they forget to give them to you (no plug in headphones)
never even heard of these what about Bluetooth headsets? Can you pair to the screens? Can you play your own music up front while the screens play something else in the back? Also what media can it play? Is it dvd only or could I plug in a USB key with preloaded content?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Assuming it's the official rear seat entertainment system then yes, yes and yes!
- the headphones use whitefire rather than Bluetooth. They automatically link to a signal inside the vehicle
- they have a vol control on one ear. And a button to toggle through sources. So you can listen to a dvd that's being played, or to the radio (and choose your own channel with the remote) or the iPod or iPhone connected etc)
- each headphone can select its own audio source and the speakers in the car can play something different too. So you can listen to Spotify via phone on the car speakers while the rear left passenger has dvd sound and video on their screen and rear right listens to the radio

The remote control allows rear passengers to control the DVD player, select specific stations on radio, turn on and off their screens etc. you can do a lot of that from touchscreen at the front but much easier for them to do with remote

Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BritCars
Assuming it's the official rear seat entertainment system then yes, yes and yes!
- the headphones use whitefire rather than Bluetooth. They automatically link to a signal inside the vehicle
- they have a vol control on one ear. And a button to toggle through sources. So you can listen to a dvd that's being played, or to the radio (and choose your own channel with the remote) or the iPod or iPhone connected etc)
- each headphone can select its own audio source and the speakers in the car can play something different too. So you can listen to Spotify via phone on the car speakers while the rear left passenger has dvd sound and video on their screen and rear right listens to the radio

The remote control allows rear passengers to control the DVD player, select specific stations on radio, turn on and off their screens etc. you can do a lot of that from touchscreen at the front but much easier for them to do with remote
so I can use regular Bluetooth? Never heard of white fire and I’m somewhat a tech guy

Old 09-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Bluetooth to link your phone to the car (eg streaming etc).
But the headphones are a proprietary technology called whitefire. That's why you should ensure you get the headphones as they are $200 each. Should be 2 of them.

I think it's infrared wireless technology and doesn't have the usual issues of pairing etc

Not much info on it - LR licensed it from a car tech company