Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introduction (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/)
-   -   2 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-4/2-108252/)

Buddy101 09-19-2021 05:35 PM

The 2004 Land Rover Discovery I own was sold to me by an dishonest person. Within weeks the car started to overheat, blow steam/smoke out of the engine, leak multiple fluids, and not run well. How much do you think it would be to fix all these problems?
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/landrov...e8e61f686.jpeg
The back of the car has lowered significantly? Any causes? There are these blue suspension bags that appear to be deflated??

ArmyRover 09-19-2021 06:03 PM

With the info given it's impossible to answer your how much question. The rear appears to have Air Suspension that has deflated. When the vehicle is running the air compressor will kick on and reinflate the system. It is not uncommon for them to sink when sitting for a time. Obviously with your description above I wouldn't recommend idling the truck to see if it comes up.

What's your coolant level look like and what fluids are leaking?

Buddy101 09-19-2021 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 792521)
With the info given it's impossible to answer your how much question. The rear appears to have Air Suspension that has deflated. When the vehicle is running the air compressor will kick on and reinflate the system. It is not uncommon for them to sink when sitting for a time. Obviously with your description above I wouldn't recommend idling the truck to see if it comes up.

What's your coolant level look like and what fluids are leaking?

My coolant disappears. The owner told me to top up with water when it goes down... The coolant hose not good either. Oil and a reddish liquid also leak

stillruns 09-19-2021 07:10 PM

Stick a fork in it. You'll spend more $$ than you want on it and than it is worth, way more. Sell it and get a Honda or Toyota. Sorry. Hope you didn't pay much. How many miles??

Fyi, It is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery Series II, not a Series I.

disco96sd 09-21-2021 06:04 PM

Is it insured ? Shhhhhh - it was stolen or it caught fire

ArmyRover 09-21-2021 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy101 (Post 792525)
My coolant disappears. The owner told me to top up with water when it goes down... The coolant hose not good either. Oil and a reddish liquid also leak

So you knew it was loosing coolant, is it all coming out leaking or blown hoses?

Redish is either trans, power steering or ACE

Buddy101 09-25-2021 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by disco96sd (Post 792829)
Is it insured ? Shhhhhh - it was stolen or it caught fire

Huh????? It had insurance but I stopped paying it because it won’t run… I don’t know what you mean by your comment. It was not helpful at all. But, thank you for the reply.

Buddy101 09-25-2021 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover (Post 792843)
So you knew it was loosing coolant, is it all coming out leaking or blown hoses?

Redish is either trans, power steering or ACE

There is at least one blown hose. The one leading to the coolant. It leaks several pieces under the vehicle as well. I believe it is leaking oil

Buddy101 09-25-2021 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by stillruns (Post 792527)
Stick a fork in it. You'll spend more $$ than you want on it and than it is worth, way more. Sell it and get a Honda or Toyota. Sorry. Hope you didn't pay much. How many miles??

Fyi, It is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery Series II, not a Series I.

I paid a good price. Basically the prove of this car without an engine lol. Thank you for the correction. It has around 180,000 miles.

Harvlr 09-25-2021 02:12 PM

If you got it for the price of the car without an engine I don’t think the seller was dishonest. He told you about the coolant leak. If you want to keep your Disco it sounds like it needs a lot of work. As said above maybe you should sell it, again for the price of the car without an engine.