New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

2003 Land Rover-HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017 | 01:47 PM
|
3rd Gear
Default 2003 Land Rover-HELP!!!

My 16 year old daughter just bought her first car-a 2003 Land Rover. We bought it from a private party. We got a key but no key fob. We drove the car and everything seemed fine. We got it home and were going to take it for a drive and it won't start. The hazard lights flash randomly, the locks are acting weird, theres power to the starter but not coming out of the starter, the battery is charged. Any ideas??? My daughter is crushed! Not sure if we got screwed by the seller, if this is an anti that issue, or some other issue. Any help is appreciated!

Old 06-18-2017 | 07:05 AM
Three Wheeling

I just went through *similar* problems with our 2000 discovery. I would try a few simple things. First unhook the battery few a few seconds. This may let some gremlins fall back to sleep. While its unhooked, check that there is adequate voltage at the battery and that terminals are clean. Hook battery back up and observe the car. try to start, if same results (as we had) unhook battery again. After hooking battery up, I had to sit in the car with doors closed and turn key to 'run' (but not start) for 5 minutes. I then turned the key off, paused and went to my happy place, turned key and it started up. As I understand it this somehow resets the gremlins under certain circumstances. I may be way off, but I don't know what else has happened to your car. Good Luck!

The following users liked this post:
meekbl (06-18-2017)