New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

2011 Range Rover Sport HSE

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE

New member here. Recently purchased the above mentioned vehicle for my wife, equipped with the Jaguar 5.0, AJ-8 i believe. We both fell in love with it. How ever she recently managed to find a gas station that did quite a number on her new baby. The smell coming from the exhaust and white smoke had us convinced that it was bad fuel. We also had quite a bit of trouble starting it, and it wouldn't stay running. So we promptly drained the tank. After reinstalling the tank, and adding fresh gas, she started up nicely. The smell was gone, and the white smoke was beginning to fade away. I connected my scanner to clear the codes, and after doing so I turned the engine off, then went to restart it for a test drive. Nothing but a click. I have pulled the starter and had it bench tested, all of the fuses look to be good, I even swapped relays to see if one else was bad. I then checked the voltage to the starter and we aren't getting 12, less than 1 actually. Also the battery is low. I've hooked it to my f150 to jump, but still only a click. Could the alternator be the problem? We are really in a bind here and can't afford to bring it to a shop since we are having to rebuild most of our house from the recent flooding in Louisiana.