New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Dirtiest 2006 LR3 in America - Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 01:28 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirtiest 2006 LR3 in America - Rebuild

Hey! I recently bought a 2006 Land Rover LR3 4.4L. When I bought it the thing was sitting on the tires and the past owner had been quoted $6,000 to have it fixed. The thing was used as a work vehicle for an archeology company. As I started the journey of cleaning it and Fixing it, they had never replaced any of the sunroof drain plugs so the floors were rusted very bad. There had been mice in the car, (it was so dirty they lived off the land and never touched wiring). I’m about $400 in to fixing it and have the front end back up off the tires and am waiting for the new rear valve block, the one in it currently is leaking air bad even after rebuilding it. But outside of that I am having issues with the A/B correlation and have replaced the break switch. I’ve checked all the break lights and they are genuine parts, but I can’t seem to find the possible corroded wire by the A pillar. I also made the mistake of starting it while having the entire inside taken out and the air compressor disconnected and now have 19 codes being thrown in true land rover fashion. I ended up getting the front end up by jumping the R7 relay. The main positive of everything is the engine runs like a champ and the transmission is good. I could really use some help to finish fixing this thing!! The fuel gauge also isn’t working.

Back seat before carpet put back in

Floors after rust removal

Front end up after manual relay jump.

Carpet after removal

Front rust

Before carpet removal

Cleaning process

Cleaned carpet