New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Disco II, Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco II, Nebraska

Hello every one my name is Nate and I am from Omaha, NE. Im 17 and in high school. Ive been driving my moms old 03 Honda Pilot for about a year and decided i wanted to spice things up and drive something more interesting. So I hopped onto craigslist and was originaly looking into old xjs and trucks. Until my dad pointed out an old Discovery to me, so we went and checked it out but it was a TOTAL piece. no ac, dash was falling off, broken front and rear bumper, steering was almost non existent. So I ended up passing on that vehicle it was in too bad of condition. The only positive thing about that Disco was the fact it had me hooked on Land Rovers. I kept an eye out on craigslist and came across a 04 Discovery with 82k miles for about 5 grand. My dad and I went to look and this was the one. Now this beautiful Disco is sitting in my driveway and I figured since I want to learn to fix and maintain my own vehicle I should join this forum as it seems to have tons of nice, helpful people. Give me some suggestions on maintaining, fixing and modifying my 04 Discovery on a high school budget! As I stated earlier im very excited to be apart of this commutity of such unique vehicles and am hoping for this best in this journey. With love from Omaha, Nate!