New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery

Hello,

I am a new member and am going to be purchasing a 03 Land rover Discovery in the next couple weeks. I just wanted to know if there is anything I should look for, any options or any general info about land rovers that will help me make a solid purchase. I have about $20,000 to spend so that is my range. Thanks for the help!

Justin

Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Discovery

Not very familiar with the Disco line but I wanted to say hello and welcome you to the family anyway!

Jantiz

Old 03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Justin,
What do you plan to do with this truck, and where do you live?
Mike

Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks for the welcome, although I am not an official landrover driver YET.

Discomike: I live in Northern VA. I dont not plan on doing much heavy off roading with this truck. I am actually selling my 01 Camaro SS and I want a nice luxury type SUV that can handle adverse weather conditions and I know Landrover reputation. Plus I love the way they look. It will be my daily driver with mostly highway miles and MAYBE and occasional off road adventure. I have just noticed that there are a couple different models and Im not quite sure what they mean and I want to make sure I get the right thing so that I dont regret my purchase later.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

If you want to spend a little time on the phone this weekend, send me your ele number and a good time for me to call. We can talk about the different models and options.
Mike
mikeljacobs@comcast.net