New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Doug from VA

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doug from VA

So I've been lurking this forum and many others for a while now and figured I might as well make an introductory post.

Hey Guys!!
My name is Doug and I live in Chesapeake, VA. I have had a few offroaders over the years but recently was able to realize one of my long time dreams and purchase a 2010 LR4 last year. The truck was great for driving around town and down to Corolla, NC, but when I went to URE in November I realized just how nail-biting it was to wheel my expensive rig. It performed surprisingly well on the trails and I had big modification plans all the way until I successfully forded the deep mud hole (friends have a Video) and the alternator, which is mounted low, went out on me. After what it took to get the truck to a location that it could be towed from I nearly wrote off Rovers entirely until I purchased my first D1 and began modifying. About the time I finally got the truck running right with a new headgasket and exhaust installed is when it decided to go up in flames on me. Distraught over my recent loss of Porsche seats but still having some bits of my Rover that I could save I began the search for my next one, which was very short. My '95 burned up on a Friday on Sunday I found my '97 drove up to see it on the following Tuesday and it was sitting in my driveway that Wednesday evening. Since then I have been transferring over the parts that I can still save.

So if any of you all are in the area and want to grab a drink, wrench on your truck, or hang out shoot me a PM and I'll shoot you my number

Here are some images to go along with my story.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 AM
LR1
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug18

omg!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea man! theres a pretty sweet video too with like 30' flames but I cannot figure out how to get the whole thing off my Iphone