New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Excited for my Disco 99

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Excited for my Disco 99

Hi,
I just joined the LR owner society (did not know it existed). I got this Disco 99 back in March. I was looking for a 4X4 rig but did not expect to find such a fine vehicle.
As every owner, I have had typical issue: gasket throttle leakage (bought kit and fixed it), rear door leakage; broken radiator overflow tank (bought it used by 20.oo dlls and fix).
I was afraid to get my hand in the motor compartment,not anymore.
Still having the three amigos going off and the " service engine soon" but it does not scare me anymore. Drove it off road and it is amazingly powerfull.
No regrets....

Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear
Cool

tell me about the three amigos you speak of..

Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
4th Gear
Default The three amigos.

Just after I bought my Disco, the three amigos lit and they have been on and off at their will.
I noticed that I start the car without the problem and after driving about 5 miles, I hear the ding-ding-ding and the lights go off.
They may or may not go away if I restart the vehicle. At this pint, I kind of i ignore htem.
Something I noticed also, is that when they are not on, I hear a motor sound coming from the area where the ABS servo is located. I have not had the codes read, yet. After all the horror stories I read about it, I might leave them alone, the abs is working, regardless the three amigos. I believe the shuttle need needs to be replaced.