New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Good Morning All :) New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Morning All :) New Owner

Ahhhh. Finally part of the LR family For the past few years I've always wanted to grab a discovery but somehow always wound up at Audi or MB. I had the priviledge of going off roading in one of them and ever since then it's been on my mind. I went in last week with the idea of buying a pre-owned 2003/2004 discovery with like 15k-25k miles. I took one for a test drive and really liked the truck, I was a little dissapointed with the horsepower and felt it could have had a little more. Im use to somewhat larger engines as the past 2 cars have been mb500 series. The salesguy starts talking to me about the lr3 and this great deal they have, and I think maybe I'll think about out. I started watching the videos online of the lr3 and decided to drop by and take it for a test drive and hear him out on the deal. When I factored the options and pricing I decided to just go with the new 06 LR3. Im picking it up tonight and really cant wait, hopefully my car will be less problematic then the rest of the stores I read on here. On that note to all you who complain about build quality, I had complete brake failure in my 04 e500 which resulted in the car flying off the road over lawns and finally to a stop. After 6 months of fighting with mb they took the car back and replaced it for the remainder of my lease with a 06 cls500, at a premium. The first week of my cls, the transmission completely died resulting in them having to completely swap out the entire tranny. Now I wont even bore you with the endless visits for electrical problems. Bottom line theres bad cars in every bunch. Ok off that rant what do you guys think about the deal I got. 5kdown / 550Month / 15k miles year. The car is a 06 v8se lr3 with Nav/Lighting/PTI/ColdClimate. Anyways I hope to meet a bunch of you guys just like I have done with my mb's for the past years.

Fazooley

Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Morning All :) New Owner

Wow seems like a great deal!

I'm also new here, I bought my Range Rover a few hours ago. I always wanted a Range Rover, but always ended up getting other MB's or BMW's. These past few months I was debating which SUV to get, it came down to G500 Mercedes or 06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. I was close to getting the G class, but I changed my mind last minute. It wasn't worth it. All that was left was Range Rover (I went test driving a few times during the weekends and really liked the car). I unconvinced myself to not get the supercharged one, it's definatley not worth an extra $15k to have 90 more hp and a few other things.

I'm happy with my decision, and I'm enjoying every second of the car

Enjoy!