New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Greetings From The Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 01:52 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings From The Mojave

I'm in the process of selling my '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser so my wife and I can do some traveling and then buy a cosmetically imperfect but reasonably mechanically sound LR of one sort or another. We're borderline senor citizens and serious desert cruisers who also enjoy an occasional rock garden foray. At this time I'm leaning toward purchasing a Discovery I or perhaps an LR3, but I'm not limiting myself to those choices. I'm here to do my due diligence and research the pros and cons of each model so I can make an informed decision when the time comes to buy. I'm sure I'll have questions about the strengths and weaknesses of certain LR models, the reputations of certain internet dealers I have seen who list used LRs, among others. From what I've seen, this is clearly the best place to get answers to questions like these and more. Until I'm actually in the market I'll more likely than not just be lurking, but I look forward to reading your experiences and insights. Apologies for my formal writing style; I was born in Buckinghamshire and do legal writing for a living, so it comes with the territory. Cheers!

Last edited by DavidJay; 06-29-2016 at 01:55 PM.