New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello fellow LR forum members

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:45 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello fellow LR forum members

My name is Greg Hennessy. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I own a black 2000 disco 2.

I have a 2000 Disco 2 and have had it about a year. Just recently I've replaced the head gasket, coil pack, ignition wires (8MM), spark plugs, mass air flow sensor, entire exhaust system - manifold into a Magna flow system, with all new upstream and downstream O2 sensors. I did start and run the engine with just the down pipe and no cat back exhaust but only for a few minutes.

Not to mention a new windscreen and rust repairs...

After all that, the engine fired-up and ran fine, until the point it got to operating temperature, after that, it ran rough. I plugged in my ODB2 reader and sure enough miss-firing showed-up, P1300, P0301, 304, 307 & why not, 300.

Now, I disconnected the battery when I was installing the O2 sensors and the Disco 2 sounded really good with the new exhaust. I've checked the engine ground and the connections from the coil packs to the plugs, all snug.

So why the H am I seeing the miss-fire codes

I am going to replace the upstream O2 sensors and the crankshaft positioning sensor.

Any ideas as to why I am seeing these codes, even after replacing the old parts?

Thanks!

Greg

Attached Thumbnails Hello fellow LR forum members-my-rover.jpg  
Old 08-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome. Pardon me for asking (mine is a '95 with a distributor) but how many coil packs are there? If I get a misfire on a car with coil packs then I swap them around and reset the codes to see if The codes move to a different cylinder .