New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 05:01 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Just about to purchase a Discovery 2, after much looking at 4x4's.

I've decided it fits the bill best, for something I can strip the back out of, and have enough space to sleep inside if I need to, and maybe basic cooking facilities when wildcamping, both here in the UK, and abroad for extended periods.

I had a look at many 4x4's of many makes and models, I'm after something that gives a little bit of height in the back to sit in, enough room, (just) to lie down in, but not a transit van size, but something you can sit back in and pile the miles on.

I've also decided the less bells and whistles the better, as I won't be a hard off roader, just enough to cope with the odd stream, and maybe the odd drive to the lakeside or sea somewhere.

So a TDi5, probably pre facelift, basic spec, auto, retro fit cruise control, webasto heater, snorkel, and see how it progresses from there.

Look forward to picking your brains, especially about the Webasto!

And any suggestions about faults in the plan will be gratefully received from anyone!

Last edited by wildcamping; 09-08-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The following users liked this post:
wildcamping (09-08-2015)