New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi from Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hi from Oklahoma

--Hi, all. This is my first post here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have wanted some sort of Land Rover ever since the 90's, and ever since I saw a Land Rover Range Rover on television when I was a kid in the early 80's, I was hooked on their slightly "different" looks. I REALLY wanted a Discovery in the late 90's, but never got one...then they came out with a Series II Disco., and I still never got one. I am now in the market for a Discovery and decided to register and visit this site so those "in the know" can help me make an informed decision on what to buy and potential/known problems with whatever I choose.

--I've always wanted SOME sort of off-road-only type of vehicle (but street legal of course), and I really want one of these things, lol! Anyway, time to read the forums!

--Forgot to add (for the curious ones out there, lol) my vehicle. I have a 2006 Toyota Tunda with really mild mods on it...however, I got married, so the Wife sold her '95 Chevy p/u and I let her drive my Tundra. As stated, the mods were very mild, but that also equates to cheap as well. I installed a 2.5" lift kit from Revtek and upgraded the highway tires to a taller, more aggressive, off-road tire (sorry, cannot remember the brand), and finally, installed skid plates from "Skid Row", on the front, transmission, and transfer case. It's not a major modification by any means, but at least I did gain a little ground clearance and I feel more secure with the skid plates. Since it's an everyday driver, I opted to mild, and not wild off-road mods.

Last edited by adamhannah; 07-11-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added current vehicle information
Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome! You're off to a good start getting caught up on your research. Don't buy the first one you see unless it's perfect! Test drive test drive test drive! Good luck with your search!

Read everything in the links on this page ---> https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...t-reads-26352/