New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

I'm So Glad This Is Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm So Glad This Is Here!

Last summer, I was given a 1996 Land Rover Discovery. I love it. It's my first SUV ever and I really want to take good care of it. My only problem is that the previous owner was a college student who really didn't want it in the first place and just ran the hell out of it until he could get his sports car. Now over time I'm noticing a bunch of little problems that are beginning to add up.

I'm dedicated to fixing them but almost all the mechanics I take it to seem too scared to work on them. I'm lucky enough to have a service station that specializes in Land Rovers a five minute drive from my home but when I initially took my Disco to them when I first got it, they charged me an insane amount of money for an inspection, diagnostic and repair to back window motor. They also treated me like crap and left the window switch hanging by it's wires out of the door. I haven't been back.

The closet dealer is all the way in Conneticut so I'm hoping this forum will be helpful enough to tell a mechanic what to look for whenI have the repairs done.

Thanks for being here.