New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

2005 Land Rover LR3 check engine and red park break lights on

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New land rover

Just bought a used 2005 Land Rover LR3 V6 144k super excited but I have been having some issues. When I turn the car on there’s is a check engine light on and both amber and red park brake on. The amber light turns off after I turn it off and on again, but the red light flashes the whole time. I had someone scan it and i received the code P0732 he said the check engine light could be on because it’s needs an oil change or there’s something wrong with the transmission but the car seems fine driving it around. The only issue is that when I come to a complete stop and then continue driving it sometimes takes a while for the car to start moving again. I haven’t been driving it around since I’m not sure if it’s safe to drive like this. There is a park brake fault message that appears on the dash bird but like I said when I turn it if and on again it disappears. I’ve been reading other forums that it could be a sensor, break switch, or the actuator which I hope it isn’t since I’ve read it is expensive to replace. If someone could please help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. I’m not good with cars but if it’s something simple to fix I’d like to do it myself.

Last edited by bb567; 08-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.