New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New 1995 County Classic Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1995 County Classic Owner

Hello,
I purchased a '95 White County Classic over the weekend in Chicago for $2K. It has 149K miles, is showing some rust spots along the tail gate and significant rust damage under one of the rear wheel wells, has a slightly noisy exhaust leak but is in otherwise great condition. The interior has been well maintained with no tears in the leather and aside from a dirty headliner, it looks great and runs solidly. I had it rust treated yesterday and the guy at Ziebart offered to buy it from me and thought it was worth at least twice what I paid. I'm without a dipstick and the rear hatch handle is missing but I'm hopeful that it will be a good winter weather vehicle so that I can put my other car in the garage until the spring. I'm looking forward to learning more about this vehicle and working on getting it back into pristine condition though I know it won't be a cheap undertaking from what I've read.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New 1995 County Classic Owner

Welcome to the group!. I have a 1991 Range Rover Classic. Go to my web-site at www.eurotekapg.com and read the tech info pages on the various vehicle systems. This will give you a good start towards understanding the basics --with an emphasis on potential problem areas.

Yeah...I remember the Midwest rust problems, as I grew up in the Chicago area.

Regards,
Geoman

Northern California