New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to Disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Disco 1

I've been hanging out around a lot of Land Rovers at my tech's place. I've built up a twin-screw supercharged Jag and decided it was time to get one of these awesome rigs, too!

Today, I bought a rust/dent-free 1999 Discovery 1 for only $2800. High miles at 187,000 but it is a 1 owner vehicle that was maintained by West Coast Rovers. I live in Tucson, AZ. WCR installed an awesome lift kit, slider bars, brush guard and steering damper. The thing drives great and seems as if it may have had a newer engine installed (unless these things are supposed to run this great at this mileage level). Amazing, smooth ride over rough terrain as I had tested tonight.

I'm not going to do much to it, just add a nice roof rack, replace the brush guard with a nice bumper and winch, ladder on the rear hatch, and some off road lighting.

I had no idea that these things were this smooth on the rough stuff! =)

It's not a great pic, but I was in a hurry.

I look forward to learning more about my rig from the great posts on this forum. Wahoooo!

Name:  null_zpsa7fcbaa4.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  155.0 KB

Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great rig Jeff, Welcome to a graet and helpfull forum.