New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Disco owner needs help... please

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:34 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Disco owner needs help... please

Hello TO All,
My name is Derek and I recently purchased A used 2002 Disco II SE7 and to be honest I am very excited. Over the years A few of my friends have owned A wide array of LR vehicles and they have had nothing but good things to say about them so when I had the opportunity to purchase one I jumped in with both feet. I have had my Disco for 1.5 months and it"s not doing to well it is sputtering at idle and in every gear there after it has 129,345 miles and I would like any info you can give, I have already replaced the plugs with Bosch Platnum 2 plugs and that helped A bit, I am getting ready to replace the plug wires and I was wondering if there was anything else I should check into to resolve this problem?? I live in Tennessee so I have plenty of opportunities to go off road but I would like to have my Disco running properly before doing so. I am doing all the work myself on my Disco so if there is something I need to do that you recomend I use A mechanic please let me know. I am NOT A certified mechanic but I have been working on all of my American made vehicles for 25 years but Disco's are (as you know) not the same in many ways so please advise me as to the difficulty of your recomendations so I don't make A costly mistake.

Thank You for your response
Derek