New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New to Land Rover

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Land Rover

Hi,

Just bought my first Land Rover, an LR2, back in April. So far, so good. Haven't had any problems other than the little plastic caps on the front seat armrests (that cover the hinge bolts) will not stay on. A few little things I'm not really pleased with, one is the lack of compartment space especially on the center console. The monochrome radio display is difficult to see in the daylight, particularly with sunglasses on. And I just discoveredlast weekend that there are A/C / heater vents for the back seat (located underneath the front seats. Obviously, my salesman didn't know about these either. When I asked about it, he told there were no back seat vents. Oh well, he didn't know about the bluetooth either!). Overall, I'm pleased with my LR2 but I do have a question for other LR2 owners; has anybody used 87 octane gas and had poor performance? I have tried it and the engine ran extremely rough but I have seen postings from people who say their's runs fine on regular unleaded.

Nice to be here, hope to learn more about LR.

Jim

Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New to Land Rover

Can't say from personal experience about the gas issue, but I have always recommended going with whatever the owner's manual suggests. If Land Rover thought a specific octane of fuel was best suited for your vehicle, there would be no good reason for them to tell you otherwise.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 PM
6th Gear

Stick with the 92 oct. The ECU can only cope with the different octain rattings to a point. It will run on just aboutanything but it dose prefer 92. Running it on to low of Oct fuel for to long can and will do damage to the engine. The added cost of the better fuel will add power and milage and make your Rover much more happey.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read somewhere before that lower octane will in fact damage the engine over long periods and it will not save you any money since the MPH rating also goes down with lesser octane than recommended. I could tell a huge difference when I put low octane fuel in mine just as a short test.