New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New LR# owner from Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 02:22 PM
Drifting
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New LR# owner from Milwaukee

Greetings... Long time Garage Mechanic and tinkerer... first time Land Rover owner. I'm just outside of Milwaukee and just picked up a 2005 LR3 SE as a winter project.
I'm happy to have found this forum and thus far it looks like a great source of info. I'm sure I'll be spending tons of time on here as I chase down the electrical gremlins on the LR3.

Overall the LR3 is super clean... 75,000 miles and pristine. Spent most of its life in Arizona. I knew what I was getting into with Land Rovers (upkeep, gremlins, etc) so her issues don't scare me. Sounds like
my LR3 shares the pitfalls of some members on here. Dash Lit up like a Xmas tree... HDC failure light, parking brake light on, Trans failure light on, Engine light on, ABS light on, suspension failure (at lowest ride height)
etc. She cranks and runs and shifts fine but is limited to limp mode. I'll spend the winter going through the checklist I found on the forum for members who had same multi system failure (Battery, Alternator, red wire in
Passenger door sill, Brake switch, brake lights, fuse box wiring, etc). The LR2 was way too clean and rust free to pass up for the price. Looking forward to reading more. If anyone is in Wisconsin, let me know.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:04 PM
Winching
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

I was not aware of that.