New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member -Chrisinhouston intro.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New member -Chrisinhouston intro.

Hello all, I've already posted a few questions and comments but had not posted here.

I got a 2003 Disco S model with 87,000 miles on it last month and could not be happier. I was happy with the purchase price (found it at Ebay) and the former owner had just put on new M&S type tires, a 2 inch lift kit and had the driver and passenger side windows tinted. He also threw in a bike rack that mounts on the spare tire center mount.

The car is black with the black interior and is in quite nice shape. Since getting it I have added a Safari roof rack, ladder, rear step, tow hitch and wire harness and am replacing some broken platic interior and exterior parts. I am planning on upgrading the stereo as I enjoy satellite and HD radio and my Ipod. I just got a A-frame brush bar and some Hella fogs and also some Hella off-road driving lights. The great news is the car does not leak anything in my driveway! I did some research on the VIN and the Carfax report and found that the car was a lease model, originally sold and maintained in Newport Beach, CA and had LR maintenance until it hit 56,000 including any recall repairs. It was picked up at an auction in S Cal. and ended up in a high end used car dealer in Chatannoga, TN where the last owner got it and decided he perferred Ford Pick ups instead (???). So now it is mine!

I've always enjoyed off-road type cars; the first car I ever owned after high school in 1974 was a 1970 Toyota Landcruiser (FJ-55 long wheelbase model). I really loved that car (I think it was a rip off of the LR design) and in the mid 80's I had an Isuzu Trooper Turbo Diesel which was also a great car and a similar design to the basic LR models. I put 285,000 miles on the Isuzu and sold it to a guy who was moving to Guatamala!

I will post some pictures next week when I get a chance.

Glad to be here!

Chris