New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member Intro from Jax!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021 | 04:36 PM
|
1st Gear
Default New Member Intro from Jax!

Hi All! I just picked up my first LR3 HSE last week and looking forward to some fun here in/near Jacksonville, FL. I am open to all recommendations for top add-on's you would recommend to max out my LR3 experience. It is pretty stock at the moment but some key things I am looking to focus on adding/enhancing first are:

- bike rack (roof or hitch recommendations)
- roof basket recommendations
- expandable tent to attach (I have seen the ones on the roof that look amazing)
- ladder recommendations
- Spotify integration (I love my spotify playlists on a road trip and having bluetooth would be ideal vs AUX input)
- pro tips
- best threads you recommend going to first in the forum
- best beaches near North Florida that you can drive on & safely camp out on overnight (I only know of Huguenot Park near Jax)

Old 12-13-2021 | 05:54 PM

Putting a bike on the roof of a LR3 is a lot of lifting. I prefer the yakima evo https://yakima.com/products/holdup-evo-2-1 you can find them used on facebook for a lot less money than new. As long as you have a hitch on your LR3 of course if not budget some extra money for that.

For a roof rack I am a fan of the ProSpeed rack but the new TerraFirma is a great option as well. I like the very low profile and how it follows the lines of the truck.

The roof top tent.... It looks so cool and is typically easy and quick to set up. However they eat all the roof space, create a lot of noise and you have to pack it up each time you want to move the truck. I have one and almost never use it. I would take a look at a couple nice cots and a Gazelle tent. https://gazelletents.com/ Very nice super easy up and down.

I like the ProSpeed Ladder as well. The extra rung that comes down lower is great.

For bluetooth I use the Amazon Echo Auto
Amazon Amazon
reasonable and works very well. Music and phone integration.

Pro-Tip is maintenance is king. Also for beach bum time I would consider an awning. Nice to have shade. If you are using it on the beach make sure to pack some weights to tie off to.

My Florida knowledge is limited to Universal Studio's and Whataburger in Jacksonville I'll be at Whataburger next week on my way to Universal lol