New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Range Rover Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Range Rover Owner!

Hi all! I recently purchased a 1998 Range Rove HSE 4.6 with everything you can think of on it. I got a really good price since it was from a family member. It currently has just under 135,000 miles on it. A friend of mine recently purchased a 1999 Land Rover Discovery Series 2. I almost bought a car like that one, but when I found out that my family members were selling the Rangie, I asked what they were going to sell it for.. They have vigorously maintained it! They were the second owners that owned it. They told me $2,000 would work.. I went online and searched... I only found a VERY small handful that were remotely close to that price.. when they were, the cars have either been fixed with a rebuilt title, or the cars were being parted... The car had never been in an accident, and the only thing that's wrong is that the heater blowers are broken, the lights in the radio are broken, the rear view mirror is broken, the back ash tray holder broke, and the stalks are button-less. I did LOTS of research, and I figure fixing the car will be about a $1,500 fix. The question is... Is it worth it? Any input Rover fans?

Old 11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With Rovers, maintenance is everything, so if it's been treated right like you say, then you'll be a happy camper.

Make sure to run only Premium gas, and fix any coolant leaks right away. Rovers don't handle overheating too well so watch that temp needle. Check out DiscoMike's 60K maintenance list in the "Write Ups and How To" section to get the basics taken care of.

Lastly, enjoy your Rover, these things are champs off and on the pavement and are made to be driven. Glad to see another member in the PNW!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ThanksyloDiscoII I really appreciate the input! This is pretty exciting! I have lot's to do, however, it runs like a champ!