New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Newb from Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newb from Northern Virginia

How's everyone doing? I'm a new forum user from the northern, VA area. I'm 34, own an IT consulting firm that specializes in server virtualization, outsourced IT support for associations and disaster recovery work. Just found out that we're having twins so I was looking for something with a third row seat and with a little bit of luxury. My searches online allowed me to discover the Land Rover family.

I'm certainly not new to 4x4's or wheelin and offroading. I've owned a handful of custom built Jeeps that I've pretty much done all the work on. I've wheeled at the Cove for Big Dogs and private rides with our friends, Rausch Creek in PA and Crozet in VA.

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first LR which is an 07 4.4L LR3.

Here's a few pics of the fun I've had in my Jeep... and a pic of the new member of our vehicle family.

My current Jeep is a 2009 JK Unlimited 4 door with 37" BFG KM2's, custom tube fenders to keep the trees off of the body, 3" in spring lift, fully armored, factory front and rear lockers and 10k lb winch.

This is my 98 XJ with 36" Iroks, Ox Lockers front and rear, Dana 44's and 8" of lift...

I can't wait to start wheeling the LR3. I plan on doing light wheeling (nothing like I do with the Jeeps) as it's primarily going to be my wife's daily driver with our twins...

Hope to see some of you out in the woods sometime!

This is a pic of the new LR3... Definitely need to scrap the running boards for some rock sliders.

Last edited by MichaelMaxim; 09-04-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Welcome. I think you'll need to do a bit more than scrap the running boards if you want it to follow your JK. LOL