New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Newbie from Derbyshire UK

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 10:28 AM
DaH
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Derbyshire UK

Hi, just a quick note to say hello.
I'm new to the forum but had my trusty old V6 Freelander for about 10 years and yes, it's been quite a reliable and shockingly good off the black stuff.
It's of an age where it's either for the scrap yard or be turned into a plaything for the weekends and i know which i've decided hence signing up to the forum. I don't need much to keep me happy, a little gravel/mud and occasional steep climb and I'll be happy but the work begins now to get the old boy a new MOT before lifting the suspension, not too much and only looking at a 20mm lift kit to cut down on the work and adding some better tyres (not decided which way to go yet)
Anyway, can't wait to get stuck into reading past posts and possibly sharing my progress as I begin along the road of de rustation and welding...

Last edited by DaH; 02-06-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

That bumper/light combo is very unique. Welcome.

The following users liked this post:
DaH (02-06-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 04:01 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaH
Hi, just a quick note to say hello.
I'm new to the forum but had my trusty old V6 Freelander for about 10 years and yes, it's been quite a reliable and shockingly good off the black stuff.
It's of an age where it's either for the scrap yard or be turned into a plaything for the weekends and i know which i've decided hence signing up to the forum. I don't need much to keep me happy, a little gravel/mud and occasional steep climb and I'll be happy but the work begins now to get the old boy a new MOT before lifting the suspension, not too much and only looking at a 20mm lift kit to cut down on the work and adding some better tyres (not decided which way to go yet)
Anyway, can't wait to get stuck into reading past posts and possibly sharing my progress as I begin along the road of de rustation and welding...

welcome