New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Rover Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 09:31 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Rover Newbie

Hello Everyone,

Land Rover newbie here.I've always wanted a Land Rover despite the crap talking from people who always say the reliability is junk. I work on my own vehicles, I was a tech a long time ago and I still build my own engines etc. Anyways, I picked up a 1999 Disco 1 for $800. It has 150k on it and has had about 3 owners since. Last owner has had it for about 10 years and 50k miles. It has a few goodies on it and I'm super excited to bring it home. I purchased it site unseen and will be flying from my town in San Diego to Reno. Then driving it home. I've never driven this far after making a purchase, I usually drive to Los Angeles and back as that is where I find most of the cars I've purchased in my life. Scary thing is not only the drive, but doing it in an old Land Rover. The owner swears it just will not die and he sold it because he purchased an ATV which he started racing. The head gaskets were done about 40k miles ago along with head resurfacing, ARP studs, and other parts that support the repair (done at a British repair shop). Lot's of new parts have been replaced such as brakes, rotors, brake lines, the guy took care of the rig. Has brand new BFG A/T KO tires, a 4" lift, rock sliders, custom front bumper with winch attachment, roof rack, and a few other goodies. I figure if it blows up it has plenty of parts to get my money back if I wanted to. Can you guys clarify by the photos if this is a true 4" lift? Doesn't seem like it. Hope to be involved in this forum and while learning, also pass info along.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

I would have given you $100 for the sliders. And that front bumper is zombie proof! The expansion tank is also the new clear one. It's worth something. That truck was a day's work away from being a Winter Romper beast. But I am glad you got the new D2. Looks nice.

Last edited by stillruns; 07-27-2021 at 06:34 AM.