New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

So who is Geoman?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006 | 11:32 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default So who is Geoman?

Well...it kinda goes like this: [sm=icon_blah.gif]

..... been a gearhead as long as I can remember-- I guess since about 1962. My taste in cars ran mostly along British lines with a few exceptions, and I've had more than 30 cars over the years by Jaguar (E-types and XJ6), TVR (Grantura MKII), Triumph (raced and prepped E-production TR3's and TR4's), Alfa Romeo's, Rover (P-6 and SD1 and now Land Rovers), Ferrari (Mondial Cabriolet), and then the Formula cars I raced and prepped for years from Argo,ADF, Dulon, Lola, Brabham, Ralt, and March (F2).

Worked as a wrench at foreign make independent shops and then dealers, then a parts manager and service manager before going back to College in the the late seventies. That brought me into the NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) industry where X-ray, Ultrasonics, Laser Shearography, Mag Particle, and other techniques are used to evaluate properties and locate surface and sub-surface flaws in metals and composites. The experience gained in Aerospace and Power Generation found me launching a company called Racetech Test Group in the mid-nineties. This company catered to the professional motorsport industry in predicting material failures before they resulted in a DNF on the track. Customers were Penske Racing, John Force Racing, TWR Jaguar in GTP, Dan Gurney's All American Racers, Nissan GTP, NHRA, and smears of others I was lucky enough to hang around.

I was a tech inspector at the Indy 500 for a few years, where I put various techniques into practice to ensure the legality of the cars was intact (don't ask details---I'm sworn to secrecy for life).......that is......unless you got some Tetley's, Old Speckled Hen, or great single malt scotch to act as a truth serum!

In my power generation days I also was certified in vibration analysis and other predictive condition monitoring technologies as applied to high-speed rotating machinery, and so again I applied this in the automotive world where I worked as a consultant to manufacturers trying to solve issues on new product lines with ****ling problems surfacing in real world conditions (Like a guy who wanted Lexus to buy back his LS400 because he felt a slight buzz in his fingertips between 55-58 mph under hard acceleration over expansion joints on the highway!).

I moved to California four years ago, and recently was tasked with starting a Land Rover on-line parts and tech info company. eurotek apg caters to the do-it-yourself owner/enthusiast looking for quality components at a fair price with tech support making sure it is repaired the right way--the first time. So that is my goal. And my aim is to comment as often as I can on this forum to assist the membership, and obviously-- sell some parts along the way.

My other interests are audiophile class 2-channel stereo, great books, foreign films, and trying to really understand my Ladyfriend (okay--I know that's just a pipe dream)

Check out my myspace page at............. http://www.myspace.com/mycall2u

Old 08-24-2006 | 08:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: So who is Geoman?

geoman,

you need to change your myspace link to: http://www.myspace.com/mycall2u

Old 08-24-2006 | 09:51 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default RE: So who is Geoman?

Oh yeah!...Thanks!