New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Thinking of buying a 03 or 04 Disco.. NEED INPUT!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a 03 or 04 Disco.. NEED INPUT!!

I am currently driving a 99 SaharaWrangler and love it to death. I just got a promotion at work and am having to drive clients around, mainly retarded rich developers. I am currently leaning toward a Disco. I have been drewling over a Defender but again need something that is nice inside. I guess my question is how reliable are the Discos, the last thingI need is to have it break down on me while having a client with me out at a job site. I am some what mechanically inclined and have done almost all of the repairs to my Jeep except for the lift. I have heard that the Disco is expensive to repair and also has alot of problems. Is this true or are they just alot of small annoying problems that will not cause the Disco to breakdown but just be annoying, and can fix them over the weekend with the tools that I have at my disposal.. SOME ONE HELP!!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of buying a 03 or 04 Disco.. NEED INPUT!!

Send me your tele number and I'll call and answer all your questions.
Mike

Old 12-22-2006, 01:37 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of buying a 03 or 04 Disco.. NEED INPUT!!

I was in a similar situation. I am a college student and Michigan State but I work as a mortgage lender. I own a jeep cherokee which is one of the best vehicles around in my opinion. But today I bought a 2003 disco se mainly because my company was not liking me showing up to appointments in my jeep. The interior is very high quality and you are not sacrificing the off-road capability. I personally think that land rover is truly the best of both worlds. I hope that you are able to keep your jeep as I was and drive the land rover as well.