Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Aid the Crusade! A Campaign Against Cancer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Aid the Crusade! A Campaign Against Cancer.

I'm captaining a team for my local Relay For Life, a fund raising event for the American Cancer Society. Every year, thousands are affected by the fight against cancer. People's lives are devastated and families torn apart. Cancer is a formidable enemy, knowing neither mercy nor remorse.

Cancer is no casual thing, but neither is my quest. During last year's relay, I walked so furiously, the emcee gave me a cape to wear for the remainder of the event. After initially refusing, I wore the cape and continued forth. By the end of the event, I had walked thirty-five miles. My goal for this year's Relay is to walk fifty miles in twelve hours.

I do this because the Relay is the one night I can take the struggle of so many others into my own hands and fight on their behalf. To show them that there are countless people they'll probably never meet who work tirelessly simply to inspire their renewed hope.

If you have loved ones who have either fought or fallen in the battle against cancer, I invite you to aid the crusade! Donate to my fund raising campaign and I will write the name of your loved one on my cape. The minimum donation is only five dollars. Every last cent goes to the American Cancer Society for the purposes of furthering cancer research and treatment.

I would be honored to have your loved one's name on my cape and crusade on their behalf. I estimate I have enough room for two hundred names on my cape. I have a handful now, but would love to see my cape completely filled for the event. It's almost worth following the link simply to see the odd look of concentration on my face

The American Cancer Society - 2011 Relay For Life of Lincoln County MT

If your rover can spare you a few bucks, considering donating to my campaign or contributing to your own local Relay for Life.