Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Buyer beware

Just installed new DVD head unit in my Discovery, everything went smoothly, I purchased some installation harnesses to eliminate the need for cutting/splicing wires. One was for the Amplified unit, one for the stereo. The amplified harness was basically RCA adapters to the line out on the new stereo, to the factory amplifier plug on the truck, the stereo one was for speakers, power, ground, acc. ect. The website was easy to navigate, but VERY low on information about each product.

When i recieved the amplified harness, ($24.99!) it INCLUDED the one for the stereo, which was not included in the discription. So this eliminated the need for the extra stereo harness. So, naturally, i didn't even open it, and wanted to return it, (IT WAS $18.99!) I asked the site, since there was no info about returns, and they said it was ok to return, (@ my expense) if it was unopened, which it wasn't. So i sent it back immediately, ($2.80 First Class 3 day mail, in the same box, the same distance back, that they charged me $18 shipping for?). It arrived, on 4/1/11, i checked with the confirmation # from USPS. So Now, it is 5/6/11 and i noticed i still have not recieved a refund. I checked the website again, and in the terms and conditions fine print, it states: No returns or refunds whatsoever. All sales final.

???? So WTF ????? !!! WHY WOULD YOU TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS THEY CAN RETURN IT, IF THEY CAN'T? I know, so they can re-sell it, and possibly even get it returned again, and resell it again, and again!!!

The harness is made by Metra, so it is actually a very handy, and well made, quality product, (maybe even worth $18.99....maybe) So i DO suggest buying one, but buy the amplified harness (if you have an amplified system) and it will come included, but i DO NOT recommend purchasing from Autotoys.com.

I would recommend buying it from an Ebay user with 1% positive feedback, or buying Kingdom Hearts stuff from the Playstation Network, before EVER buying ANYTHING from this company!!!!

Honestly, now that I have read through all the fine print, this company is EXTREMELY shady. Everything about their buyer agreement is to their own benefit, and not yours. EVERY single thing about shipping is SO shady. They state that they ship from various '3rd party' distributors, and if your package is lost, or missplaced they assume no responsibility, as soon as you agree to purchase the item, you assume responsibility for it. ?? This is how they conduct business? It also states that if the package is unable to be delivered, (no one home) that they charge an additional %35 restocking plus DOUBLE shipping and handling. ?? Really??

I guess i should be thankful my package arrived at all?

All i can say, is i will be re-assured if i know that i can at least steer one person away from a similar experience with this company.

To sum up my rant, METRA = quality product, reasonable price

Autotoys.com = **** Germany/Al Queada/North Korea/Ben Roethlisberger you in the rear with no KY yours or mine!

Never buy from them. Or, if you live a stress free, care free, laid back, relaxed life, BUY from them, it will definitely add some excitement to your next.... month or two?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the problem with a bad motor from a site sponsor M*LTD and my post was deleted. I was warning everyone to save them money but I lost $4000 USD's.

I hope you get your money back but I would bet you won't.
Good Luck