Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Extended Warranty recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 02:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Extended Warranty recommendations?

Hey everyone, about to possibly land a Discovery 5 and wanted to know what people have experienced first hand. I'm shopping a truck with about 50k on it, and since it's at CarMax, they have theirs they call MaxCare, and I've also talked to dealerships in my searching which use Assurant, American First Auto Protect, etc. Trying to gain some piece of mind for the long haul.

Last edited by 545moose; 01-03-2022 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 545moose
Hey everyone, about to possibly land a Discovery 5 and wanted to know what people have experienced first hand. I'm shopping a truck with about 50k on it, and since it's at CarMax, they have theirs they call MaxCare, and I've also talked to dealerships in my searching which use Assurant, American First Auto Protect, etc. Trying to gain some piece of mind for the long haul.
There are two names you want to use when it comes to warranties, Fidelity or Freedom Warranty. Both are known for their claims acceptance and painless repair process. Fidelity is great but expensive, they are offered by the largest dealership groups in the country, and is worked into their dealership management program (as simple as I can explain it). Freedom has a similar high claims acceptance rate, and costs less. Many like Fidelity because they have used them before, understandable. As someone who does not have an "allegiance", take the Freedom Warranty savings and you will still have no issues when it comes to repairs.

For a 2017 LandRover Discovery, 50k miles, manufactures extension through Freedom Warranty, you're looking at $4,395 for 5 years / up to 100k miles, covered for $275 in labor an hour, repairs accepted at all Land Rover dealerships and licensed independents in North America. I have the same policy on my 2014 Land Rover Range Rover. If you have any questions or to see an example contract contact me at (602) 909-9216 or tgibson@highline-autos.com 0% financing available.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:19 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
There are two names you want to use when it comes to warranties, Fidelity or Freedom Warranty. Both are known for their claims acceptance and painless repair process. Fidelity is great but expensive, they are offered by the largest dealership groups in the country, and is worked into their dealership management program (as simple as I can explain it). Freedom has a similar high claims acceptance rate, and costs less. Many like Fidelity because they have used them before, understandable. As someone who does not have an "allegiance", take the Freedom Warranty savings and you will still have no issues when it comes to repairs.

For a 2017 LandRover Discovery, 50k miles, manufactures extension through Freedom Warranty, you're looking at $4,395 for 5 years / up to 100k miles, covered for $275 in labor an hour, repairs accepted at all Land Rover dealerships and licensed independents in North America. I have the same policy on my 2014 Land Rover Range Rover. If you have any questions or to see an example contract contact me at (602) 909-9216 or tgibson@highline-autos.com 0% financing available.
Awesome thanks a bunch. Will reach out and check.

I also snapped a few pics when looking at it tonight; not sure what this cover is for on the drivers side but it’s got some surface rust, just a cheap stamped steel cover, but the rest looked good. Thoughts, what cover is that? Also, what’s the maintenance schedule for the D5? I saw diffs and gearbox due at 40k, but where is this magic document at?!

Old 01-04-2022, 11:33 AM
Overlanding

Thanks for the reply, I'm more interested in finding out what that cover is for, I'd replace it with something more rugged for off-road use since it's thin stamped steel.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Rust is not covered by just about anyone, you could maybe try to have Land Rover cover if this is coming from the Land Rover dealer, but besides that I do not know of any options. I'm not sure about the service schedule, but I just had my Rover 40k maintenance done at the dealer and it was nothing more than a scheduled fluid change and look over.