Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

How 4x4's are treated in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013 | 06:30 AM
|
Mudding
Default How 4x4's are treated in the UK

Do you guys in the States suffer from a lot of anti 4x4 abuse from Horse Riders and walkers?

In England it’s such a nanny state and we are fighting constant battles to be able to use the old lanes. Just recently I had a really bad day in an area where all the various action groups have tried to get us banned and ran into some horse riders.

I thought I’d make a quick tongue in cheek video poking a little fun at the riders but demoing how we respectfully treat other lane users and you wouldn't believe the abuse I'm getting!

Old 12-19-2013 | 06:58 AM
Baja

we have many ignorant people on this side of the pond also.

Old 12-19-2013 | 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

can't we all just get along

Old 12-19-2013 | 07:09 PM

The UK is full of so called elitism and I'm afraid motorised sport of any type is relegated to the bottom of the heap. The encounters in the UK with the precious Ramblers Association is priceless, they think they own the world and the universe and will be the saviour's of the universe and mankind - right. In France there is very much the same elitism, and then you have the chasse (hunters) who are scavengers and shoot anything that moves including each other, young children, innocent people, their own dogs and others pet animals. The bunch, or some of them, are true gems. Geriatrics in many cases, usually the worse for alcohol, poor sight, deafness and reckless to a fault, I joke not. All of this both in the UK and France makes the offroader's relatively harmless to the environment and the future of mankind - but you wouldn't believe it if you listen to some of the self appointed 'environmentalists' who lay claim to saving the planet and all that goes with it.

Old 12-20-2013 | 05:32 AM
|
Mudding

I kid you not my mail box is full of stuff demanding I remove the film etc. OK, its not my finest work and was just a quick tongue in cheek thing but jeez!

I wont be making another one of those in a hurry!

I've just started as a 4x4 rescue volunteer. How priceless would it be when the snow hits that I have to go an help one of this anti 4x4 nut jobs!

Old 12-20-2013 | 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by ellebarto
I kid you not my mail box is full of stuff demanding I remove the film etc. OK, its not my finest work and was just a quick tongue in cheek thing but jeez!

I wont be making another one of those in a hurry!

I've just started as a 4x4 rescue volunteer. How priceless would it be when the snow hits that I have to go an help one of this anti 4x4 nut jobs!
Yep, I can believe that. You've upset the Fiona's and Philomena's of the 'buck teeth' brigade and their neddies, Walley and Toots. As I said, if it runs on fuel and you drive it, you are categorised as the lowest of the low, something on the sole of their shoe. I can speak from experience.

Remember when they couldn't move around during the snow of the winter of 2012 and called upon the 4x4 people to help out, well you know what to say next time - FO. but not if it's an elderly or vulnerable person, of course.