Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I'll take one cash pleae!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:33 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default I'll take one cash pleae!

Fisker-Galpin's bespoke 725 hp Mustang Rocket

They seem to overlook the obvious issues, the max speed limit in the UK is 70mph, in most of europe it's 80mph and in the US it's even lower (don't know the speed limit these days) So, what I can never get my head around is they persist in building bigger, faster and more powerful supercars. You even see Porches, Ferraris and supercars on the channel island of Guernsey .......................... eeeerrr ................ which has a 30mph speed limit ..... duh

Old 12-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always felt the same way. Why do I need a 500 hp Corvette to drive on what used to be wagon and buggy ruts. One road I drive is about 30 miles. The speed limit changes 8 or 9 times from 35 MPH to 65 MPH. our other than a Rover Vehicle will run 160 mph. ( never had it that fast but I did break 100 in the Nevada Desert once.
If I was going High end I like the looks of a Maserti It looks like a car Kinda of Classy Not real sporty but can perform Not sure if it's worth a S#&T but I like the look.
Or If I had that kind of money I get a new Rangie or 2

Old 12-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

That's why it's just another poseur car for fools like Justin Bieber. They can afford it, and know just what to do with it. A rational person would balk at the missing equipment required for the track. That is, if they didn't cringe first at the cost of just hitting a few alligators with one.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Baja

Don't get me wrong, I am a total speed 'junkie' and always have been. I loved motorbike and car racing and have indulged heavily in both, and got the multiple scars to prove it. But these days I stick generally to the speed limits as I like to retain my licence and with so many speed cameras both fixed and mobile around it's a challenging endeavor. I am amazed by the Maclaren P1 and the Bugatti Veyron, they have outrageous top speeds and not legal anywhere except on a race circuit. Also, many owners of these supercars, including F1 drivers, have crashed them with some owners being killed. I can only imagine there is the prevailing small d!ck syndrome or poseur "look at me" value to owning one.

Or, maybe I'm just envious

https://www.google.fr/search?q=mclar...P&ved=0CDAQsAQ

https://www.google.fr/search?q=bugat...I&ved=0CDoQsAQ

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 12-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Baja
Old 12-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Touche... In the us...highway speed limit never really goes over 70mph.. it's obnoxious cause 80% of the time, drivers are going 10+ over. And then you have those lovely speed traps when it drops to 55mph and a cop hides behind a bush and ***whoop whoop** there go those bright lights. Irritating.. therefore I've definitely put in some good use of my cruise control lol

Old 12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by js8488
Touche... In the us...highway speed limit never really goes over 70mph.. it's obnoxious cause 80% of the time, drivers are going 10+ over. And then you have those lovely speed traps when it drops to 55mph and a cop hides behind a bush and ***whoop whoop** there go those bright lights. Irritating.. therefore I've definitely put in some good use of my cruise control lol

I agree, cruise control is my friend and has saved my license a lot in recent years. Not that I'm adverse to a turn of speed but too many cops around with radar guns these days and in car radar 'snoopers' are highly illegal in France (revenue generation).

When I reached the grand old age of 21 years (a couple of years back you understand ) I had aquired 21 endorsements on my license for speed related offences but I then realised paying speeding fines was a mugs game. My pal back then was the first person in the UK to lose his licence under the then new 'points totting up' laws.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 12-12-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
car radar 'snoopers' are highly illegal in France (revenue generation).

W.
sounds like if it's not wine or cheese, it's illegal in France ! no metal detectors no radar detectors. Can you listen to the radio while going down the road?

On the other hand it was illegal to use a radar detector in Virginia (may still be) But they could be bought at electronics stores..
Plus there is a small town in Florida panhandle (forget the name) that the speed limit drops from 55 to 35 and there is always a cop sitting about 20 yards from the sign handing out tickets. Budget consideration i suppose. But at least I can have my metal detector.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Baja

Everything is illegal in France except eating and drinking, oh, and getting drunk on a Sunday lunchtime and then going out with a shotgun and shooting everything and everyone that moves

The French legal 'decrees' cover everything you can dream of and the French people have to be told what to do and when to do it otherwise they get confused

I read in the local rag (Sud Ouest) the other day about a woman who drove around the supermarket carpark without wearing a seatbelt and the gendarmes saw her, stopped her and gave her a €90 ticket fine FFS. The gendarmes are always patrolling supermarket and shopping mall car parks which is rather strange as they ain't exactly the epicentre of crime in these parts. Still keeps them busy and out of mischief otherwise they'd get bored doing nothing all day.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

If I had the money I would buy another 67 fire bird, was my first car had to sell it 10 years ago when I was losing my house, nice car to ride around in, if I was rich I got a list of cars I would love to have, None of them are overpriced euro cars or crazy HP

Place in va. I was a cop the limit dropped from 55 to 35 then 25

Last edited by TOM R; 12-13-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: I'll take one cash pleae!