Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Land Rover vs Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover vs Toyota

All the time I see some people dissin rover and pumping up yota's

I got a real problem with this I think the land rover is the most capable vehicle in stock formation to take off road

grant that Yota's are good wheelers but it seems to me that the yota's have to be heavily heavily modified to hit extreme hard core trails

where as land rovers hitting those same trail don't require as much mods to do extreme wheeling. for one thing I've seen a toyota FRAME both pickup and LC and it isn't anywhere near the size and thickness of a rover frame real talk

hit me up some feed about this topic.

THANKS

disco 12

Old 12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Land Rover vs Toyota

the nice thing, when you break a toyota, its cheaper to fix...

Old 12-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Rock Crawling

That's true

land rover parts can be expensive

but I've seen land rovers doing extreme stuff and it wasn't hella modified like other 4x4's

Old 12-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

notice: freelanders have low ground clearance, i had to spend $400ish to have mine fixed one time after offroading. good thing i didn't take it to a dealer, they would have been more expensive i bet. closest dealer is in Fort Worth

Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

when i worked as a tech, we had a guy come in who had his land rover (older disco, IIRC) which had sat for a while, and everything turned to crap...it needed exhaust and rotors...1 caliper..it cost him a fortune, and i sold the parts at cost because i knew him.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Drifting

A toyota TRD or FJ-80 with factory lockers will kill a Land Rover off-road in stock form. But, with very little work to a rover, and your walking tall.

I buy my parts from Nathan at www.discountbritishparts.com His web-site sucks, but he can get you anything you need for a Rover, BMW, or Ford.... Plus, he can get any boat part you will ever need. Real good guy! What ever you need, he's got it!!

Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

what about the new LR3s and Range Rovers? they have so much technology, maybe only disadvantage might be highway tires

Old 12-28-2005, 04:48 AM
Rock Crawling

Sorry hank I don't think a TRD OR FJ-80 will kill a Land Rover in stock form because the disco 1 , RRC and P38 range rover both come with the CDL

plus the land rover has a higher ground clearance than the FJ-80 and TRD. I've seen a land rover climb an obstacle that a yota 4wd pickup on 35's couldn't climb.

Old 12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: disco12

Sorry hank I don't think a TRD OR FJ-80 will kill a Land Rover in stock form because the disco 1 , RRC and P38 range rover both come with the CDL

plus the land rover has a higher ground clearance than the FJ-80 and TRD. I've seen a land rover climb an obstacle that a yota 4wd pickup on 35's couldn't climb.
WHAT? LMAO!!! Do you even know what a CDL is? That's just going to lock your two drive-shafts together. A TRD and the FJ-80 with lockers have differential lockers. They will kill any stock land Rover. With exception to the LR3, no Land Rover came from the factory with lockers, that was available to the public. Head to head, the LR3 would be the most capable in stock form.....But other than stock, you can't do much with it (no lift, bigger tires, etc..)

Old 12-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

(Cough)RAnge rovers are just as good as LR3 if not better, since they have a 5.5" shorter wheelbase(COUGH)

sorry, asthma
lol

Quick Reply: Land Rover vs Toyota