Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Landrover 110?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landrover 110?

Sorry guys, being new here and everything, I couldn't figure out where the question goes, so here it is:
I just got back from Honduras and saw some pretty interesting things done with a Land Rover 110 and Defender 110. I have no idea what year the 110 was, but it was a diesel and did not have an air conditioner and instead had some vents on the bottom of the windshield frame you propped up and it let air into the vehicle. How would I go about finding what year or anything it was? How hard will it be to find one in the US (preferably near here, AL)? What about pricewise what am I looking at? Or should I look at another model Rover? I've heard nothing but good things about the Discovery (except from my fellow jeep friends, but I choose to keep an open mind. They are all rather biased against anything not jeep.) I have a '98 Jeep TJ right now, and the 110 looks like a better people mover and the longer wheelbase will not hurt either for off road expeditions. On another note, what Land Rovers are convertible? The 110 I saw looked like it might be, but that's one thing I really enjoy about my TJ.

Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Landrover 110?

from what i've seen, Defenders are a bit hard to come by (and pricey) in the sates. especialy 110s. i think series rovers are a bit harder to come by, but obviosly cost less. only Defenders and Series rovers are convertables, unless you want to get creative with a sawsall. i think it was mikemeyer who went to moab and showed up some lightly modded Jeeps in his bone stock Disco I, so dont let them fool you, Jeep isnt god.

anyway, i have a Discovery (which i love) if i had the fundage, idhave a Defender 90 as well. heres some price reference:

Defenders

Series

Old 08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was looking for something that wouldn't break the bank and those look like they rob the thing. Where I live the Broncos and Scouts (neither of which I like) are easy to come by, but I cant stand them. The ones I like such as the Scrambler/CJ-8, Landcruiser FJ/BJ 40s and 45s and of course the Land Rover Defender and Series models are rediculously expensive. What is a decent older (I dont care how old) Land Rover model to look for that will not break the bank? I would of course prefer an older model with a longer wheelbase than my TJ (93 inches).

Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well, Dicoverys and Range Rovers a a bit cheaper. i got my Disco for $5000 with 139k miles, i belive blue book was $6500.

check this place out, where i should have sent you in the fist place, the Discos and Range Rovers are at the bottom.