Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

MadBilly's GTOs

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MadBilly's GTOs

Ok, I found the Car And Driver he refered to.

January 2005:

Page 46, Goat and Pony Showdown. I was right about the Mustang winning the comparison by only one point. The final score was 211 to 210. The article speaks well of both cars, but obviously, the Stang is the better.

I attempted to find the article online but was unable to find it.

I noticed something else in this issue of CAD:

In the Winners and Losers section on page 71:

ORIGINAL: Car and Driver

Last year, Pontiac expected to sell 18,000 copies of its 350-hp GTO--had hoped, in fact, that the mildly made over Holden Monaro might even become a successor to the F-body Camaro and Firebird. Instead, the Austrailian-built muscle car tanked deeper than a Roto-Rooter snake. Only 8229 copies had been sold nine months into the year, with a 168 day supply filling up dealer lots.
Automotive News observed, "So far, the revived Goat looks more like a turkey," and Autocar remarked, "The Goat is turning out to be a bit of a dog."
Last June, just when Pontiac most needed some sort of heaven-sent GTO marketing boost, actor Val Kilmer was seen driving a GTO. Unfortunately, his was a convertible, circa 1969

Oh yeah, where are the new GTO verts?

Mustang has em?
Vette has em?

Here is your GTO (cough) I mean Monaro!

GTO:

Monaro:

Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MadBilly's GTOs

yea, but the Goat with the 6.0L in it.... or the goat with the SRT hemi, it has like 450 something hp......

Yea I am a stang fan but there are alot of other cool cars, and trucks. Seen the ne Saleen Truck yey...? hahaha, now thats cool.

oh yea, I can't stand verts, sorry James but........seems like a girls ride for me, no offense....haha

Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Mudding

the mustang lost every performance catagory, it won on "gotta have it factor", thats how the mustang won. If you do remember, old muscle cars were styled to look like everyday cars, not elaborate things like ferraris. Iv got the magazine under my cabinent in the bathroom. Also that was the GTo with the 5.7 now they come with a 6.0. So you are going to tell me that a mustang will beat a GTO, if im buying a fast car i will buy the one that is faster, also the GTO doesnt have the look that a highschool girl wants. The eclipse outsells the mustang, but the mustang is faster, and they are priced the same, DADDY's like to buy there high school daughters CUTE cars, The majority of mustangs built and sold are The V6 mustangs, the GTO ony comes in a V8.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Mudding

Yes the Holden monaro is the GTO, Holden is owned by GM australia.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: MadBilly

also the GTO doesnt have the look that a highschool girl wants. The eclipse outsells the mustang, but the mustang is faster, and they are priced the same, DADDY's like to buy there high school daughters CUTE cars

if the GTO is not a highschool girl's car, then why does it look like a effing grand am???

make that thing into a sports car

i'll admit that splitting the exhaust and adding non functional hood scoops helped, but still you can get a grand am with hood scoops

Old 01-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Mudding

looks more like a cavalier that is over weight than a grand am.. it actually looks nothing like a grand am. it is still faster than the mustang..sales dont mean anything. Jeeps outsell land rovers. are they better?

Old 01-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle

yeah well if you drive a mustang you get girls like this

sorry the cell phone doesn't offer great quality

Damn LG

Here is Jerran and my 2003 Mach 1, a portion of my 94 GT Vert and my 69 Mach 1 (hood open in back) can be seen in this picture. Well, and my 71 F-100 but that's not a stang lol