Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Man did I make a mistake...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man did I make a mistake...

just a bunch of jealous jeep driving ******

Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when they ask for your help on a trail ride because they're stuck, help them of course, but make sure to throw in some witty remark about your "cute" rover bailing them out...
________
bald ***** Webcams

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Jeep owners are just pissed because they know when they try to go through 3 feet of water with no snorkel they're done, but we can handle it without spilling the coffee in the cup holder.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Same thing happened to Me south of the border.( Mexico ) I Guess Hard core Jeepers don´t Like the Idea of Stuck Up Land rovers and are in some way are like Harley Davidson and BMW bike riders. Oil And Watter will never MIX .( .Does´nt Matter were ) I even got Mad for a couple of days since a cousin of mine is a member of a jeep club and rides every weekend with his son so I thought I could tag along but now I see It very simple . They are agraviated or offended by the status For It´s History , It´s records, It´s capabilities and most of all By what LR stand´s for. At least that´s what I feel down here and they will always try to make You feel stupid. But hell I had jeeps Before since my family owns a ranch down here and You need Jeeps to go arround and hell a Land Rover will always be the boss no matter were you take it or were you are. Hell some thing will never change. ENVY and FRUSTRATION sometimes lead to an over valued EGO and coment´s like those.. I can see them coming a mile away ,, they should´nt be a surprise.

It´s Like cowboys and polo players .. they both love horses but they ara not the same right?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Drifting

Haha, being one of the possibly 5 Rover owners within a 200 mile radius I get questions and crap about my little Freelander all the time. A friend of mine who gave me a hard time about the Rover since the day I got it was eating a large serving of crow the night he called me at 2 a.m. to pull his hi-centered 3/4 ton Dodge out of the woods down a trail he didn't believe I could pass through. To add insult to injury, I drove over the very ridge he grounded on and carried on my way without so much as a scrape. Go out there and show 'em what a Disco can do! Remember though, drive smarter not harder! If you bust your ride you won't live it down easily.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Overlanding

Any time I hook up my Rover to pull a non-Rover...they get a picture taken. I've even been declined by a stranded Jeep owner just because I had a Rover.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Mudding

Most REAL off road people don't care what you drive.
As its about being there.

As here are to few REAL off road people left its very important that WE stand together.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LANDZUII
Most REAL off road people don't care what you drive.
As its about being there.
Hear hear! I own both a Jeep and A Land Rover. I can't wait to get them both ready for the trail.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
4wd Low

My son, who turn's 30 today, likes to take the Disco to the mountians skiing or camping. Says he is "stillin" because of the looks he gets from the girls and his friends when he drives up in the truck. I like what the she "The Disco" can do! More then the looks form the girls. I'm too old for that non-sense. But I remember!!!
Class & Ability are lost to the Ambivalent.

Ambivalence is a state of having simultaneous, conflicting feelings toward a person or thing.[1] Stated another way, ambivalence is the experience of having thoughts and emotions of both positive and negative valence toward someone or something. A common example of ambivalence is the feeling of both love and hatred for a person.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Overlanding

i have an isuzu trooper turbo diesel. an the jeepers all ways give me crap for it. but they clam right up when my slow underpowered stinky diesel is crawling up past them on the trail. the only mods its has are limited slip rear axles 3-inches of lift an 32 11.5 r15 tiers. they often fail to realize i am basically driving a tractor. an tractors go ware even jeeps cant.

another tid bit. a jeep talked mad trash to me. an all i said was nice rig. he said get your junk off my mountain. 3 miles up the trail when i caught back up to him he tried to wave me down to pull him out. i made him apologize first. then i left him there lol. no just joking i helped the guy out an he radios me every weekend to see if i am out. earned a friend out of it. so show some patience for them an maybe you might just get an extra hand when you need it.

Quick Reply: Man did I make a mistake...