Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Thank you Button is now up and Running

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
wait what...I was just now going through and clearing all thanks, that were not giving to me.......and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to thank myself.
How about you thank me, and I'll thank you and they'll even out?

The following users liked this post:
dusty1 (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

there you go, I've been itching to use that little button, all day. i'll quit playing with it now, thanks

landlover_1 (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks, LandLover

Originally Posted by landlover_1
Not to be disrespectful of this new feature, but isn't this somewhat contradictive or counterproductive to the purpose of this particular forum? I recall Savannah Buzz stating once that the more people write the longer the party which in essence helps the advertisers and keeps the forum running. Non?

I think I'd be less apt to write with this feature for the mere fact that someone thinks I'm trying to 'up' my post count on frivolous matter. If no one writes on a forum and everyone uses the search button then there is nothing new to learn. It would be stagnant writings from 2010 or whenever. Communication is the key to any good forum, that and participation.
I quite agree. It is a feature without feeling, and just a way to lay an egg without really being part of the nest, I feel.

What about a thank you button for the thank yous received? We need to stay cordial here, don't we?

Last edited by MonteroMan; 10-31-2014 at 08:06 AM.
landlover_1 (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

great idea. lets just do a "your welcome" button, a "don't mention it" button, a "thanks again" button, a "my pleasure" button, a circle yes or no feature, a virtual hand shake, and a high five or knuckle bump for the hipsters.

imo, it's just a way to say thanks. if you prefer to go at it old school, go for it. just spell it out, pretty tame around here, no one is going to throw a fit.
I look at it, in part, as a feature for newbies. they come on with "1st post , need help, loud chirping and vibration?"
dusty 1 response "probably a cpk and loose gas cap causing wind drag" but dusty1 only has 3 "thanks" in his box and he has made 3k posts.
jafir response "stop driving and address the drive shaft" he has as many "thanks" as posts. so the new guy will steer towards the good advice and not mine.
just a feature not a new way to not contribute, but another way to contribute.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by MonteroMan
I quite agree. It is a feature without feeling, and just a way to lay an egg without really being part of the nest, I feel.

What about a thank you button for the thank yous received? We need to stay cordial here, don't we?

I'm honored that you're my first thanks..wait a minute, I'm honored that I'm your first thank.. no that's not right. I'm honored that you're my first

OffroadFrance (11-02-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
great idea. lets just do a "your welcome" button, a "don't mention it" button, a "thanks again" button, a "my pleasure" button, a circle yes or no feature, a virtual hand shake, and a high five or knuckle bump for the hipsters.

Where's the 'like' button?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
One of the biggest problems on forums as you may know is 'posts bumping'. There are users who LOVE to say 'thanks' when ever they can. How can it hurt? Their post count goes up, they have nothing to loose.

There are also users who really like to express their thanks to a post but don't like posting a post that looks like they're post bumping.

Then comes the moderators who have to delete people's "thank yous" so a thread can look readable with out the "thank yous" thrown around.

Finally comes the posters of these useful posts. They have no idea how many people really likes their posts if only some people say 'thanks'.

This places a button called 'thanks.' When a user clicks on it, it places his username in a box right under the post saying that so-and-so says 'thanks' for the post. Every-one who clicks is placed in one box. No user can thank the same post twice.
Good one. If someone takes the time and trouble to reply to a post for help it shows common courtesy to acknowledge that respondent and say 'thanks'. Clicking the 'thanks' button costs nothing but sometimes the help and suggestions can be invaluable in time and money.

Great idea and credit worthy.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
I'm honored that you're my first thanks..wait a minute, I'm honored that I'm your first thank.. no that's not right. I'm honored that you're my first
I'm honoured that you're honoured that MM was your first honouring thank you person and therefore we are all honoured together especially for you and I'm talking a lot of BS as usual so I'm supremely self honoured as a masterful BS talker

landlover_1 (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Thank You For Thanking me Button??

Rockin RoverGuy "Thanks Slabrat for all your help in fixing my Flux Capacitor."
Slabrat: " why Thank you for thanking me Rockin Rover Guy "

See It is very cordial.

However, I do Miss Disco Mike's responses.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

lmao.

Quick Reply: Thank you Button is now up and Running