Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   What are you guys listening to today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/what-you-guys-listening-today-64438/)

OffroadFrance 01-15-2014 02:26 PM

What are you guys listening to today?

Pure magic! :D

dusty1 01-15-2014 03:48 PM

That's some lmm there.
I cruised home from the doctors office a couple hours ago. Pneumonia with a flu kicker. So I listened to a favorite from warren zevon....my s.... F..... Up!

OffroadFrance 01-15-2014 04:00 PM

Yep Dusty he's eerr different ;)

KernowDiscovery 01-15-2014 09:05 PM

Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing... as I mortar and pestle out a mean greek rub.. kind of mellow music for pestling.

Sorry you're not feeling well Dusty - rest up!

dusty1 01-15-2014 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery (Post 440520)
Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing... as I mortar and pestle out a mean greek rub.. kind of mellow music for pestling.

Sorry you're not feeling well Dusty - rest up!

Yummy, I'm thinking that mean rub on a nice tender rack o lamb, I'd be better in no time.:D

ScreamingLife 01-15-2014 10:15 PM

I had a late 80s/early 90s grunge mix on the drive to work today:

slabrat 01-16-2014 11:03 AM

It's a shame Warren Zevon was best know only for WW of London. He did many other great tunes as well.

OffroadFrance 01-23-2014 04:50 PM

The man himself - pure magic :)

Woodstock - Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child 1969 .By Subterraneo - Vídeo Dailymotion

Savannah Buzz 01-23-2014 05:21 PM

Martha Reeves - Heatwave

drowssap 01-24-2014 11:22 AM

be honest your all listening for taps, raps and knocks.

dusty1 01-24-2014 11:36 AM

and horns, from the speed demons.

dusty1 01-24-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by slabrat (Post 440580)
It's a shame Warren Zevon was best know only for WW of London. He did many other great tunes as well.

agreed. love zevon, thumbs down on the werewolf.

KernowDiscovery 01-24-2014 08:06 PM

Tonight it's Donna Summer's Masters at Work Remix - 'Last Dance' - got the groove on....

dusty1 01-25-2014 08:46 AM

white album, this morning.

OffroadFrance 01-27-2014 06:22 PM

Good stuff :)

KernowDiscovery 01-27-2014 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by dusty1 (Post 442328)
white album, this morning.

Hey Dusty.. I couldn't find your old thread regarding your itunes and the 'Kardashians' but wanted to show you this: This is what I'm listening to... did you see the grammy's last night? Did I call it or what?

The Neighborhood rocked the house!

GRAMMY Awards Video - W.D.Y.W.F.M? - CBS.com

GRAMMY Awards Video - A Little Death - CBS.com

I am so in love with this band...

dusty1 01-27-2014 09:47 PM

NAILED IT!!!!!

KernowDiscovery wrote on earlier, music related, thread..=
I know this thread is somewhat old but still active. Christmas present idea for your wife.. seriously. Get her the albums 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' by The Neighborhood. You will not regret it. Good band. Wish I had tickets for their sold out shows in the UK. Emotional music. She'll love you for it. I particularly like 'sweater weather' (which is playing on the radio now), 'WDYWFM', and 'A Little Death'. Guess all three are on the 'I love you' album so if you're going to go for just one, that is the one I'd choose.. heck, you may find yourself liking it too and it would get that 'Kardashian crap' out of your head.

From their website:

'In early 2012 a mysterious band appeared online. The group, The Neighbourhood, revealed no biographical information, no photos and no backstory, offering only a moody track titled “Female Robbery.” Fans and the press were confounded, scouring the Internet for any information that might lead them to the identity of these musicians. Pieces of the puzzle, some reflecting reality and some not so much, began to emerge.
So who are The Neighbourhood? In essence, the group, which formed in August of 2011, is a collection of five friends who make music together. They’re headed by Rutherford, a 21-year-old singer who has dabbled in various genres, including hip-hop, before crafting the merge of sounds that categorizes The Neighbourhood’s style. Their debut EP was produced by Justyn Pilbrow, who brought Emile Haynie onboard to collaborate on “Female Robbery.” The EP, recorded at the end of last year, is composed of shadowy, emotional music with visuals to match. And it’s all part of the band’s master plan.
The evocative combination of rock instruments with R&B and hip-hop aesthetics seemed, in many ways, revelatory, a reimagining of sounds that seemed to make people clamor for more information with even greater fervor. In April, BBC Radio One DJ Zane Lowe, an early champion of the group, let it slip that The Neighbourhood was the handiwork of musician Jesse Rutherford, a resident of Newbury Park, CA. By early May, as the band unveiled a free, self-released EP titled I’m Sorry, it became understood that the identity of this young band was, ultimately, secondary to the music i

KernowDiscovery 01-28-2014 06:28 AM

must have been all part of the band's 'master plan'. I'm going to have to add to my collection and get 'I'm sorry' now :cool:

slabrat 01-28-2014 02:55 PM

Today Bob Dylan "The Bootleg Series , Vols 1-3 Rare and unreleased. Just because it's cold here and it came up first in a pile of Cd's I found. Forgot how good this was.
Yesterday +2 on CSNY DEJA Vu & Daylight Again. It was a Long way home. Also caught some Dead on a local radio show. Only 40 mins to home today Maybe some Chet Baker to smooth out the day.

OffroadFrance 01-28-2014 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by slabrat (Post 443039)
Today Bob Dylan "The Bootleg Series , Vols 1-3 Rare and unreleased. Just because it's cold here and it came up first in a pile of Cd's I found. Forgot how good this was.
Yesterday +2 on CSNY DEJA Vu & Daylight Again. It was a Long way home. Also caught some Dead on a local radio show. Only 40 mins to home today Maybe some Chet Baker to smooth out the day.

Hi Slabrat, magic, another Chet Baker fan :cool:, I'm also into CB and Dizzy Gillespie. :)

Big modern jazz fan - I used to play the horn in my teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Played a couple of times at Ronnie Scott's when his club was in Gerard Street in Soho, London. Stan Tracey was the resident quartet.

in his younger days.

Kick back and enjoy :):cool:

dusty1 01-29-2014 12:04 AM

good for the wind down.

slabrat 01-29-2014 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance (Post 443054)
Hi Slabrat, magic, another Chet Baker fan :cool:, I'm also into CB and Dizzy Gillespie. :)

Big modern jazz fan - I used to play the horn in my teens and twenties, possibly thirties. Played a couple of times at Ronnie Scott's when his club was in Gerard Street in Soho, London. Stan Tracey was the resident quartet.

Stan Tracey (1926-2013) - YouTube

Chet Baker - Best Of Chet Baker - YouTube

Dizzy Gillespie - "Salt Peanuts" - 1947 - YouTube in his younger days.

Kick back and enjoy :):cool:

Yes all the above and toss in some Harry "sweets Edison" and I'm smooth!
Stan Getz gets a bit of love too. :) Not many Jazz fans around here. Lots of blues though

OffroadFrance 01-29-2014 03:18 PM

Hi Slabrat

My # one passion in music - modern jazz. Also swing and big band like Buddy Rich in London with Tony Bennett.

Remember this -
saw hime live many years ago.

I also played a gig with this guy, sadly his habit caught up with him -

KernowDiscovery 02-02-2014 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A mellow night.... One Republic - 'Burning Bridges' :o

dusty1 02-02-2014 11:39 PM

the black keys, on this cold Texas eve.

KernowDiscovery 02-03-2014 10:49 AM

Depeche Mode - 'Insight'

Hm.. I seem to be stuck on a particular mindset lately. All song topics to do with burning and fire :eek:. Think I need to get on the right path so I don't burn the neighborhood down....

OffroadFrance 02-03-2014 04:57 PM

To me he is still one of the greats and so he has to be, he's gotta be, his my namesake..........

He's gotta be one of the best all round entertainers and will take some beating.......

dusty1 02-03-2014 05:03 PM

hehe. I usually only share my name with equine and k9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADgS_vMGgzY

slabrat 02-04-2014 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance (Post 443288)
Hi Slabrat

My # one passion in music - modern jazz. Also swing and big band like Buddy Rich in London with Tony Bennett.

Remember this - Astrud Gilberto & Stan Getz: The Girl From Ipanema- 1964 - YouTube saw hime live many years ago.

Astrud looks like she is in the zone. Still a favorite.

Had a cold this weekend ( of course) so A New Age channel for the quiet was on Pandora quite a bit. Plus J Boogie's Dubtronic Science Radio helped set the mood .

landlover_1 02-04-2014 01:28 PM

Tori Amos this afternoon - one of my all-time favorites :D 'I'm Not Stupid'

goes for a bag of cash too..

landlover_1 02-04-2014 01:59 PM

and more Tori Amos - my namesake 'Crazy'

OffroadFrance 02-04-2014 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dusty1 (Post 444432)
hehe. I usually only share my name with equine and k9
Michael Bolton - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADgS_vMGgzY

Bosh, hands up, you got me Dusty..............no denying..........;)

KernowDiscovery 02-11-2014 10:39 AM

Strange that this song would be on my mind the past week and now she has passed. In remembrance of Shirley Temple - 'On the Good Ship Lollipop'

'I've thrown away my toys,
Even my drums and trains,
I want to make some noise,
With real live airplanes.
Some day I'm going to fly,
I'll be a pilot to,
And when I do,
How would you,
Like to be my crew?

On the good ship
Lollipop
Its a sweet trip
To the candy shop
Where bon-bon's play,
On the sunny beach
Of peppermint bay
Lemonade stands,
Everywhere
Crackerjack bands,
Fill the air,
And there you are,
Happy landings on a chocolate bar.
See the sugar bowl
Do a tootsie roll
In a big bad devils food cake,
If you eat too much,
Oh, oh,
You'll awake,
With a tummy ache.

On the good ship
Lollipop
Its a nice trip,
In to bed you hop,
And dream away,
On the good ship
Lollipop'

RIP

OffroadFrance 02-11-2014 11:58 AM

Sad loss - RIP.

OffroadFrance 02-11-2014 11:59 AM

Funnily enough this reminds me of Shirley Temple, don't ask me why - I don't know!

KernowDiscovery 02-11-2014 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance (Post 446214)
Funnily enough this reminds me of Shirley Temple, don't ask me why - I don't know!

Maybe it's the curls?..

She sounds remorseful :( and sad.

'Fever for lost romance remind me baby of you
I took a crazy chance
Next time I'll be true, I'll be true, I'll be true'

Wonder what she did?... or didn't do.. or did?.... or didn't..

'She cries on every tune, every tune, every tune'
'Nothing that I do or feel ever feels like I felt it with you'

Hmm.....

OffroadFrance 02-11-2014 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery (Post 446224)
Maybe it's the curls?..

She sounds remorseful :( and sad.

'Fever for lost romance remind me baby of you
I took a crazy chance
Next time I'll be true, I'll be true, I'll be true'

Wonder what she did?... or didn't do.. or did?.... or didn't..

'She cries on every tune, every tune, every tune'
'Nothing that I do or feel ever feels like I felt it with you'

Hmm.....

Womack & Womack were great but unfortunately he's also passed on I believe. They bring back old memories of my younger days.

KernowDiscovery 02-12-2014 01:56 PM

Coldplay today - 'Paradise'

OffroadFrance 02-12-2014 06:09 PM

She is real cool. Pity about her - errr, expletives sometimes, saw her live in the UK but her language would make some peoples hair curl. But she is still cool.

OffroadFrance 02-12-2014 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery (Post 446505)

Like :cool: