Other All other Land Rover vehicles.

Land Rover, Range Rover 4.6 HSE (2001) issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 02:37 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land Rover, Range Rover 4.6 HSE (2001) issue

Hi, guys

I recently purchased a used Land Rover from an auction, and am now experiencing some problems with it.
When I am driving, I can hear a metallic clinging, sorta chain, sound, coming from the left side tire area. What could this be? Could it be something having to do with the coil springs or the air suspension?

Also, there are times when the car will go down on its own, it will drop, not drop to the ground, but it will sorta give you a lower drive. When this happens, how can this be avoided, so that the car won't drop? And also, is it just a matter of pressing on the inhibit switch button.

Also, I get a boom sound coming from the stereo. Does this mean I have to replace the whole stereo system or simply replace the speakers?

I also need to replace the CD player in the back cargo area. Where can one go to get a replacement?

Also, what if I am getting on a logo of the vehicle with some arrows going up? Does this mean the car is currently driving high, or does this mean I have to press something to activate a higher driving range?

One last question: why is the TC, Traction Control, light always appearing on? Is it simply a sensor, fuse problem, or is it something that needs to be checked out. It also reads out, Traction Failure at times.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You quite a few problems. All are major in a degree. Check and see if you have a club in the area and get help, or find an independent shop that does Rovers. Also, repost in Range Rover section. You will need a RAVE CD manual and a big box of tools.