Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery 2 White, 33s, 4.10s Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,662 Posts

Yep I think that’s what I’m going to do.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'm hoping that tax season will bring in the right buyer.

I've got almost $14k into this truck that I don't expect to fully recoup. Throughout my light build of suspension, gears, upgrades and maintenance, not one bolt gave me trouble. It's ridiculous how clean this thing is. Everyone who looks at it can't believe how great of shape it's in. It's been meticulously maintained for the past 14years. I've got a stack of receipts dating back several years and a lot are from Land Rover dealerships.

I've heard people say "If you're going to buy a Land Rover, buy it from a rich person bc chances are all service was done at a dealership as recommend by Land Rover". This is one of those Land Rovers!

With that being said, the price isn't necessarily firm but I'm not going to give it away.

$9500 with gears/lockers
$8500 without gears/lockers

Old 01-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 260 Likes on 173 Posts

I knew you were going to lose your butt, but dang I feel bad for you as you obviously did it right. Someone will get a nice machine- hopefully an enthusiast who’s like me and appreciates the work, but just didn’t have time to do it themselves.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:11 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by longtallsally
I knew you were going to lose your butt, but dang I feel bad for you as you obviously did it right. Someone will get a nice machine- hopefully an enthusiast who’s like me and appreciates the work, but just didn’t have time to do it themselves.
I knew I wasn't going to make any money but thought it would sell faster. Someone will get a smoking deal.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Still for sale- pls PM me....

Great looking disco! Please pm me. Would like to discuss. When were the heads done? Thx.

UOTE=EasyDoesIt;635208]I knew I wasn't going to make any money but thought it would sell faster. Someone will get a smoking deal.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-11-2018, 03:26 AM
Three Wheeling

Sold the Disco for $7500, without gears/lockers. I lost my *** on it but had a lot of fun with it. I will own another Disco in the future.

Looking to sell the following to recoup a bit of my loss.....

-diffs w/4.10s, Detroit and TrueTrac for $1500 firm.

-three amigo code reader $75 firm

-Front tf springs 4" lift tf052 $100

-Rear tom woods drive shaft, 6k miles, $175

Old 02-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a nice looking disco and only a preventative head gasket repair away from being near perfect! I’m surprised the new buyer didn’t want the gears and extra stuff you’ve posted. In the long run- all those items have owner value.
Sorry to hear that you had to sell. It’s always tricky when the credit cards are involved with all the cool upgrades you did. Not to worry- you’re next ride is out there within whatever budget you have. Sounds like you learned a lot in your short disco ownership experience. That has value all in itself. Good luck with everything.

Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt

Sold the Disco for $7500, without gears/lockers. I lost my *** on it but had a lot of fun with it. I will own another Disco in the future.

Looking to sell the following to recoup a bit of my loss.....

-diffs w/4.10s, Detroit and TrueTrac for $1500 firm.

-three amigo code reader $75 firm

-Front tf springs 4" lift tf052 $100

-Rear tom woods drive shaft, 6k miles, $175

Old 02-20-2018, 02:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in the gears and D.S. still available?
thanks

Old 02-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Three Wheeling

They are still available. I sent you a pm.

The following users liked this post:
Sausrigging (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mirrajumper
This is a nice looking disco and only a preventative head gasket repair away from being near perfect! I’m surprised the new buyer didn’t want the gears and extra stuff you’ve posted. In the long run- all those items have owner value.
Sorry to hear that you had to sell. It’s always tricky when the credit cards are involved with all the cool upgrades you did. Not to worry- you’re next ride is out there within whatever budget you have. Sounds like you learned a lot in your short disco ownership experience. That has value all in itself. Good luck with everything.

Thanks. I was sad to see it go but 3 vehicles in my driveway just wasn't practical.

I didn't see the point in a preventative HG replacement, to me that would be like replacing a tire that still had 30k of life because it will eventually wear down. Either way that's for the new owner to figure out. Speaking of, after a week of driving he is still very happy and it made the 500 mile drive home with zero surprises.

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery 2 White, 33s, 4.10s Lockers