Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking for '03/'04 Disco II Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for '03/'04 Disco II Blue

Hey everyone -

I'm searching for an '03/'04 Disco II, blue with tan interior. Been searching for awhile (I know this colorway is not common). I have looked at a couple over the past year and each vehicle had red flags. Let me know if anyone knows of a clean one for sale!

Thank you,
Pete

Old 08-02-2017, 11:00 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

It might help if you let us know where in the world you are located.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 AM
8th Gear

Ha good call - I'm in the northeast U.S.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:41 AM
8th Gear
Default Looking for '03/'04 Disco II Blue

I'm searching for an '03/'04 Disco II, blue with tan interior. I'm located in the northeast U.S. and would prefer one available on the east coast. Looking for under 100K miles, very clean well-maintained.

Thanks

Old 08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by plucchesi1224
Hey everyone -

I'm searching for an '03/'04 Disco II, blue with tan interior. Been searching for awhile (I know this colorway is not common). I have looked at a couple over the past year and each vehicle had red flags. Let me know if anyone knows of a clean one for sale!

Thank you,
Pete
Hi Pete

Firstly, don't mention the colour or you'll seriously restrict your possible replies. There are dozens of 03/04 D2's out there and many with low mileage on them. The colour isn't too important but the general condition is. If you are short of D2 knowledge take someone with you who knows D2's well and ensure all the correct lights illuminate with the key at position 2 and ensure you run code checks before and after a test drive then clear the codes and run another test drive and then recheck the codes. Only some women buy vehicles based solely on colour Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
plucchesi1224 (08-03-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 12:15 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

I believe there were two shades of blue in those years... The Oslo blue and the dark blue.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
I believe there were two shades of blue in those years... The Oslo blue and the dark blue.
I think Oslo Blue was the dark blue.

There was another blue called Monte Carlo blue. It seems to be quite rare here in California as I have never seen one in person before. I have seen a few Oslo blue ones though.

Limiting your search by color will make it quite tough to find a D2. Nice '03s and '04s are already hard enough to find. And if you do find the color you like, the mechanicals might be in bad shape. But if you're patient enough and willing to go around the country to find one, you probably will.

A few notes from personal experience: I had somebody fly all the way from Dallas, TX to come and buy my D2 in San Francisco because it was exactly what they were looking for; a stock, black on black, 04 D2 with the trail package.

When I was looking for a D1, I really wanted one in green or in white. But then a low mileage '99 in Rioja Red came along, and I bought it. I didn't like the color at first but it grew on me. And it was the right deal at the right time.

Good luck with the search.

Monte Carlo Blue

Oslo Blue

Last edited by DiscoCam; 08-02-2017 at 10:21 PM.
plucchesi1224 (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 AM
8th Gear

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I am looking for the Oslo blue. I certainly understand how much a color choice restricts my search, but this isn't a vehicle I need, it's a 'passion' vehicle that would be my toy, so I want the color that I want if I'm spending my hard-earned money on it. I know it may take longer to find, but when I finally do, it will be that much more satisfying to know I got a great truck and in the color I wanted. That being said, I'm not completely closed off to other colorways if I stumbled across a great one. I'd consider black or white if it was ideal in every other way. Thanks for looking out and let me know if you come across a great Oslo blue beauty!

Old 08-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I am looking for the Oslo blue. I certainly understand how much a color choice restricts my search, but this isn't a vehicle I need, it's a 'passion' vehicle that would be my toy, so I want the color that I want if I'm spending my hard-earned money on it. I know it may take longer to find, but when I finally do, it will be that much more satisfying to know I got a great truck and in the color I wanted. That being said, I'm not completely closed off to other colorways if I stumbled across a great one. I'd consider black or white if it was ideal in every other way. Thanks for looking out and let me know if you come across a great Oslo blue beauty!
Understood. I'll let you know if I see anything

Old 08-03-2017, 01:34 PM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

There is/was an oslo blue d2 in NC on craigslist for the last several weeks. Looked in great shape, lots of new parts, but I think it had a heating issue.
Let me look and see if I can find it.
I'll post a link if I do.

plucchesi1224 (08-04-2017)

Quick Reply: Looking for '03/'04 Disco II Blue