Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.

Location is southeast Idaho, 83448.

I would like to buy a nice beige/tan leather seat skin, just the bottom, for a '96 D1 or similar. Also the little plastic cover for the dashboard trash bin, or the whole trash tray if the cover is not meant to come off. Also the interior trim (tan) in the cargo area. I could use a complete set of carpets (non-nasty) if anyone has them. I may just rhinoline it if I can't get a decent set.

If you are local, I could use a hood/bonnet, preferably white, and non-damaged, non-rusty front bumper, just the metal and possibly endcaps. I may think of other parts I need later.

I need pictures and prices to consider anything, and it should be shipped to 83448 or willing to meet somewhere within 300 miles. I prefer it if you have references and are fluent in English, or at the very least are not a Romanian/Nigerian scammer.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Winching

Which trims do you need in the cargo area? Is you truck a 7 seater? If yes I probably have something for you. I also have a decent cargo carpet. PM me if interested

Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Winching

Jull,

I think my truck used to be a 7 seater, it seems to have the rear trim molded around the area where the jump seats would fold. I'm actually not sure since the seats were not in place when I got the truck. I will take pictures of the damaged areas tonight and post them here. The primary parts I need for interior trim are the pieces below the rear windows, and below the plastic part that houses the rear speakers. I guess you might call it the interior quarter panel trim. It also has the cutouts for taillight access, I need the covers for those.

The masonite or chipboard inside the trim has been water damaged and started to flake apart, plus the vinyl wrap is delaminating, so I think I need to replace those panels before the taillight covers will stay in place. I'm working to isolate and eliminate the leaks before replacing the parts, of course.

PM sent.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Winching

Okay, here are the pictures promised.

The first one is the right side panel that got water damaged. The other side is in much better shape, I probably don't need it. Can anyone tell from that picture if my truck is supposed to have jump seats mounted there? If so, I'll add that to my list eventually. I need whatever piece goes in the opening so I can cover the tail-lights on both sides as well, or I might just fabricate a piece to go there if no one has the right part.

Picture #2 shows my trash bin with missing faceplate.

Picture #3 shows my shift illumination assembly, because the sliding center part is all busted out. I could use that if someone has one lying around, but it's not really my top priority right now.

Picture #4 shows where my carpet was hacked apart by some previous owner in an amateur stereo wiring effort. The load space carpet has similar damage, though not seen due to my cargo mat.

Picture #5 is another non essential, just one of the little things that bothers me occasionally. All of the switches are fine, but the plastic that holds the switches is all cracked and dilapidated. Also the trim piece doesn't seem to fasten in any way, so unless I position it perfectly it tends to fall off. If I replace these parts, I may want to move toward a heated seat upgrade since I could get a panel with heater switches in it.

Picture #6, last but not least, shows my torn drivers' seat cover. I'd like to replace it so I can quit sporting the fake sheepskin, LOL. There are many more small details that need fixing, I'll keep posting as I find things.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Thumbnails Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1520.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1521.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1522.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1523.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1527.jpg  

Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Winching

Here is photo #6, I guess I can only put 5 in each message.

Attached Thumbnails Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1528.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Winching

I have the carpets you need, at least cargo area and left foot well, and the ashtray. I also have the tan trims but mine being a 7 seater it has holes for the brackets, and it would considerably raise shipping fees. PM me if interested in any of the items.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Winching

PM sent. By the way, what a beautiful place to live! Stands in pretty stark relief against my barren sagebrush/sand dune/volcanic wasteland of Southeast Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah, haha. J/K, I do find my area beautiful as well, just in a different sort of way.

Here are some hiking and off-road pictures from my desert home for comparison:

Attached Thumbnails Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-dscf0346.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-dscf0349.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg1431.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-cimg0632.jpg   Wanted: D1 driver's tan/beige leather seat skin, other interior trim pieces, etc.-f1064389.jpg  

Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you do not find the trim pieces, I have the entire beige interior trim from my 97.

I do not want to piece it out, but will make a package deal with you if you are interested. It is everything except the small pieces on the middle pillars. Let me know and I will put it all in a big box ands ship it all together. I will even throw in all the black plastic trim pieces for front bumper if you want them.

The interior pieces are in good shape, the bumper trim is fair. I will make a package deal on it all at a reasonable price just to clean up my work area.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Winching

PM sent, Danny Lee. Don't know if this includes carpets, leather seat covers, etc, or just what I would call "trim" - plastics, panels, etc.