General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse 4 Failed!!! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse 4 Failed!!! Please Help

Hi

I just bought a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 and I keep getting a Bonnet Sensor message. I am also getting a Fuse 4 Failed message and license plate bulb failed message. I do not know what fuse to check because my fuse panel cover is missing and the dealer I bought it from does not know where it is. If anyone has a picture of their panel or some suggestions, that would help

Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Fuse 4 Failed!!! Please Help

Welcome to the forum.

I am not able to help in this instance, as I don't own a Rangie, though if it is telling you fuse 4, I would suspect it is a fuse under the bonnet, rather than within the cabin area.

Has the license plate bulbs blown? Easy to check as they will be on when you turn the lights on, if not, it is a simple job to replace.

The bonnet sensor, these are normally covered with rubber, and look similar to the ones on the doors. What has happened to mine on the the car i own, the rubber broke, which was enough for it register as open all the time. I just readjusted the sensor upwards, to compensate for the lack of rubber. You should find the sensor on the bulkhead area inside the engine bay, though it may also be down near the leading edge of the bonnet.

Another reason for the fault showing for the bulbs and sensor is the wires are not making proper connections, and need a clean up.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Winching
Default RE: Fuse 4 Failed!!! Please Help

The bonnet sensor is on the rf bonnet latch. See that both latches engage, there are two. If they do you will likely need A new rf latch.

Replace the two license plate bulbs to rectify that message.

Which fuse panel cover is missing ? No owners manual either ?